• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat ramp fun

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow! That’s crazy. Any idea how many can be on the ramp at a time?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I won't complain about my ramps again after seeing that.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Even more of a reason to buy house on the water down there and have a lift in your backyard.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is insane.

Where is the next closest ramp?

Are they giving out free beer for launching your boat or something?

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is the Haulover Boat Ramp in SouthFLorida. If you don't get there before 6am, that is what you will find. There is another boat ramp a few miles south but its smaller and sometimes just as crazy. I used to launch from smaller, local park ramps to avoid those crowds. Sure, I had to deal with no wake zones using the intracoastal but it beat sitting for 2-3 hrs. and then after you launch finding parking. It wasn't always like that in the 90's but the popularity of boating has grown so much in S. FL that its crazy.

The funny thing is that most of those people are going to a local sandbar to hang out which is only like 1/2 mile from the ramp itself.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Closest thing we have to that is the pair of landings on the Rainy River in the spring time at Lake of the Woods when the ice starts to go out. Walleye fishing is open, and the boats come for hundreds of miles. The will go drop their boat, and get picked up, up river where they eventually park their trailer!! But that's only for a few weeks.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was it just me or did it seem like nobody was actually launching a boat in that video? Everybody in line, nobody at the ramp launching. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve seen two lines like that in 20 plus years of boating in CA. Once at San Pedro near Long Beach, cruise ships used to leave from there and New Melones lake in NCal. Both marinas/ramps would only allow as many boats to launch as they had parking spots for the related trailer and tow vehicle. As one rig left the parking lot the next one in line was allowed to enter it. I think I stayed in the first line for all of 10 minutes, I drove right by the second line and straight to the River over an hour away, saved me from spending the 4th of July in a line instead of on the water.