• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat shoes

I actually don't wear my SeaDek's on the boat either, I kick them off under the helm, they are mainly for launching/loading the boat, and if I do a lakeside restaurant.

If you want all the performance of water shoes and crocs combined with the style of boat shoes, you can’t go wrong with Floafers....

Stay on your feet like water shoes, comfortable, durable, and cleanable like crocs, and fashionable to actually wear them when you’re not at the lake!

(I’m not a salesperson, just a happy customer!)

No shoes on the boat, but I wear these to and from, around the ramp/dock, and when I'm not sure what the bottom of the river/lake/sea is like. They drain, have mesh to keep out sand and gravel. they're light so they dry quickly, and they are machine washable. Best of all, they aren't Crocs so my dignity remains intact.
Just bought two pair. Why? Not Crocs and more importantly, available in size 15! Thanks Dixie Highway!!

I like the Olukai Nohea Moku. Very comfortable and non-marking soles. I wear them for docking/launching and in the boat. Once at the helm I typically remove them and stow them behind the seat. I was skeptical about them for the price point, but they have become one of my favorite shoes. Great for summer wear when you need toe protection and look enough like a regular shoe but easy to wear with no socks.....and lots of color options too!

Ok maybe a stupid question, but does installing seadek solve the “shoes on the boat” issue?

Ok maybe a stupid question, but does installing seadek solve the “shoes on the boat” issue?
In one sense, yes. However, my seadeck could use a good cleaning. I have two rules for my boat.

1. Take off your shoes
2. Have a good time and have fun

Edit: the seadeck is resilient, but it does get dirty, in our case, the Ohio River poses challenges with the mud. Alas, this year we didn’t trailer down to Portsmouth because of Covid.

It’s fairly durable stuff. I try to not wear shoes but sometimes it’s not worth the hassle. If your shoes don’t have aggressive soles and you’re just walking around normally I think you’d be fine.
You still have to worry about stepping on seats though.

Back