• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Slows down when turning

austin65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have held off on posting this for a year now because I wanted to make sure it wasn't normal. When I am driving the boat, regardless of the direction I am traveling, when I steer to the right, the boat slows down dramatically. To the point where I can't turn right while pulling a tube. It drops a good 5 mph with barely any pressure on the wheel. On the flip side, when I turn to the left, it accelerates 5+ mph instantly. I originally thought it was just because the movement of the water, but even if I'm going against the shore, it does the same. The alignment feels like it drifts to the left a little, not horrible though.
Any ideas would be great, thank you!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are your cables binding under the helm or where they cross through the gas tank area? Anywhere along the route? Not quite sure how your boat is set up, but I can see how that could happen on mine. Just a shot in the dark at it.

austin65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm that is a good thought. I'll check into that tonight! Thanks for the reply

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got a feeling that when you turn the wheel it is pushing or pulling on the throttle cables somewhere.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check your RPMs... are they changing when this happens?