• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

boat speakers stopped working

Grayjrk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
After a great day of skiing on the way back I noticed that only the wake board tower speakers were working. I opened up the compartment with the amps to see that the top and bottom amp had blue lights and the middle amp has a red light. My boat didn't come with any info regarding the kicker amps, I am at a loss.

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Did you try turning off the battery switch or trying a reset button on the amp?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like the amp went into protection mode. Maybe over temp or just blown altogether.

Try the stereo system now that it has set for a while and you have most likely recharged the batteries.

Grayjrk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Sounds like the amp went into protection mode. Maybe over temp or just blown altogether.

Try the stereo system now that it has set for a while and you have most likely recharged the batteries.

Grayjrk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks I appreciate the input. I have turned off the battery switch but I didn't see a reset button on the amp.
I did try the stereo on the following day. Same problem. What batteries are you referring to?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Either the amp was too warm or a battery issue is my $0.02.

The red light is probably the protection light.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I personally dont think it has anything to do with the batteries. These amps get their power from the stereo and they all draw very little power. Honestly I think your amps are shot, mine were shot before I even took delivery of the boat and Scarab sent me 3 new ones although this offseason I will be replacing all amps with 1 real JL Marine amp, not these ATV amps.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks I appreciate the input. I have turned off the battery switch but I didn't see a reset button on the amp.
I did try the stereo on the following day. Same problem. What batteries are you referring to?
I am talking about the batteries in your boat that the stereo uses to operate. If your boat starts ok and the other amp works you have a bad amp or possible connection issue in the wiring of the amp itself. Time for a warranty claim!

GIII

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
did they work for long before or is it new?

when i put my own amps in i had to figure out that the damn tower speakers were wired wrong from the factory somehow in the harness i would guess.. the positive from Left, and negative from Right make the left speaker work and negative from left and positive from right make the right speaker work.

the stock amps are a joke compared to real amps.