• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Spins Left at Idle and Pulls Left at Higher Speeds

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My 2021 Yamaha 195S handles very well with Cobra AK-19 Deluxe fins under NMW and cruising speeds (25ish). I did notice at pure idle the boat tries to turn left regardless of my steering input. And at higher speeds (35+) I have to turn the wheel slightly right to maintain a straight heading, as the boat is slowly pulling left. I have amazing control at NWM1 but at forward idle (first detent) it drifts left and is hard to control with even the slightest wind. At pure idle it spins left in an obvious way. I never used the boat before installing the Cobra fins so I can't comment on before & after. I've checked the jet nozzle and fins with the wheel straight and everything looks normally aligned. Is this a common thing with single engine Yamahas (possibly similar to prop walk in a sailboat)? Otherwise the boat is amazing and couldn't be happier. Docking and trailering using NWM1 is super easy, but I'm afraid to ever be in pure neutral because I lose control immediately.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you talked to the dealer you bought from?? I would think that this would be something covered under warranty that they should be able to remedy for you.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My 2021 Yamaha 195S handles very well with Cobra AK-19 Deluxe fins under NMW and cruising speeds (25ish). I did notice at pure idle the boat tries to turn left regardless
Sounds like your jet nozzle center is off and the nozzle is likely aimed a bit to the left at dead-center on the steering wheel. That can be adjusted at the nozzle as one cable controls left/right, the other controls the reverse bucket position. As mentioned, your dealer can fix that - or you can adjust it yourself. On my twin engine I got lucky and both were dead-center when I went to add a second tie-rod. Boat drives dead-straight at all speeds...except for the usual vortex wander at idle speeds of course.