• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Starts

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi folks!
Just taking boat out of storage, both engines fired right up however nothing else works like the blower, lights, bilge can someone point me in the right direction please.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would start with double checking all battery connections. Some times we miss one.

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. My Raymarine plotter works as does the Yamaha depth finder.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
did you just reconnect the batteries when you took it out of storage? I would double check the connections as @buckbuck suggests.

if the connections are good, I’d start checking fuses. It’s a bit hard to tell but it looks like you have 2 or 3 right at the battery.

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
did you just reconnect the batteries when you took it out of storage? I would double check the connections as @buckbuck suggests.

if the connections are good, I’d start checking fuses. It’s a bit hard to tell but it looks like you have 2 or 3 right at the battery.
Is there fuses by the battery?

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

How can you tell if a fuse is blown. This is a pic of the battery

Attachments

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Somebody took the old battery out and none of the wires are marked would it be possible to have them on the wrong terminals
it looks to me like there are fuses in some of the wires coming from the positive terminal. Hard to tell for sure but see if you can open the black holders. Or send more pics so we can see better.

if somebody disconnected the battery on you, I’d start by disconnecting the aftermarket stuff and see what’s left. Hopefully somebody with the same boat as you can send you a pic of what the stock connections look like. I could send you a pic of mine but it’s 10yrs newer and a twin battery set up so I doubt it would help.

i assume the Raymarine is aftermarket. Is the Yamaha depth finder stock?

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it looks to me like there are fuses in some of the wires coming from the positive terminal. Hard to tell for sure but see if you can open the black holders. Or send more pics so we can see better.

if somebody disconnected the battery on you, I’d start by disconnecting the aftermarket stuff and see what’s left. Hopefully somebody with the same boat as you can send you a pic of what the stock connections look like. I could send you a pic of mine but it’s 10yrs newer and a twin battery set up so I doubt it would help.

Ok thanks the Yamaha depth finder is stock on the dash. My boat is a 2007 sx210

Attachments

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How can you tell if a fuse is blown. This is a pic of the battery
you can pull all the fuses and look at them. There should be a continuous filament between the two prongs if its good. If it’s blown, the filament will be broken.

But if all your stock stuff is not working, it’s likely a main fuse somewhere or the battery was wired wrong. I think what I circled in yellow are fuses, for sure the one on the left is.

06524626-448D-4F92-87F3-E412B2ABB9E1.jpeg

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
One other idea. My owners manual shows the proper wiring set up. Do you see anything in yours?

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

So it would not be the fuses in the engine bay correct
One other idea. My owners manual shows the proper wiring set up. Do you see anything in yours?
i will have to find it online

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
you can pull all the fuses and look at them. There should be a continuous filament between the two prongs if its good. If it’s blown, the filament will be broken.

But if all your stock stuff is not working, it’s likely a main fuse somewhere or the battery was wired wrong. I think what I circled in yellow are fuses, for sure the one on the left is.

View attachment 120708
Just the one on the left is a fuse and it looks good

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There could be fuses in the engine bay but based on everything you’ve said, I’d put it’s wired wrong. That’s why I’d disconnect everything that doesn't look stock to try and narrow it down. Seems to me that you have a lot of wires there

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The one on the left is hooked to positive it starts out red wire then goes black wire
id bet this is aftermarket. Do you know what it’s for?

also, do you have a voltmeter? Maybe check if you have power on both sides of your various fuses? If p one side, it’s a fuses. If power on neither side, it’s not the fuse.

Is there a wire from your battery to the fuse block?

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I only half know what I’m doing, hopefully some of the really knowledgeable electrical types will chime in...