• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat that has sat.

What is the year? Model? and Price they are selling it for?

It’s widely advertised. The bid is at 32 currently and you have to pay 15% on top of your bid.
I’m unsure of what I want to bid. I’m curious if someone is going to miss the 15%. If someone misses that they could really over pay.

That is probably circa $30k under what it could go for on the street for a boat in good condition. If the engines run or need just a bit of work that price is great.

This auction closes Thursday. Yes right now that’s a good number. But say someone bids 50 thinking they are saving 10. Add the 15% you are now $57500.00.

I'm gonna be in the minority here I know, but honesrly, i bet it will be fine. I get the risk aversion, but I think the risk is low. Worst case scenario, it has ethanol gas in it without treatment that's started to separate. If that's the case, it'll run a bit rough for a bit while you dilute the water out with new gas. It's not like it's susceptible to freeze issues or anything like that.

Update I bought the boat. I brought it home today. Hooked water to the boat and each motor fired up immediately. Doing a water test tomorrow.
That’s awesome! Some might get after me for this but magic erasers do amazing work on soiled vinyl just need to reseal it and don’t do it often! Congratulations!

Update I bought the boat. I brought it home today. Hooked water to the boat and each motor fired up immediately. Doing a water test tomorrow.

If you don't mind, what was the final auction price?

Beautiful! Congratulations!

So it’s a 2016. Doing a water test tomorrow. The screw-in clean out port covers started in 2017, right? If so, if yours doesn’t have EZLocks installed, make damn sure those covers are on good. After locking them, give them three good tugs to make sure they’re locked in for sure. Then buy a set of EZLocks as soon as you can.

Awesome, you are well under way. Once polished up get rid of the matting and get SeaDek or similair and it will look brand new!!

Very nice! I was gonna say the exact same thing about the seadek. There should be a group buy in sept from will at jet boat pilot. I got mine last year during group buy and saved a ton! Really adds to the boat!!

*Edit*
We'll, I have to learn to read the whole damn thread before replying. Congrats on the new boat @Dougr3 !!!!

*/Edit*

I'm gonna be in the minority here I know, but honesrly, i bet it will be fine. I get the risk aversion, but I think the risk is low. Worst case scenario, it has ethanol gas in it without treatment that's started to separate. If that's the case, it'll run a bit rough for a bit while you dilute the water out with new gas. It's not like it's susceptible to freeze issues or anything like that.

I think we agree here. These aren't '32 Ford's we're pulling out of a junkyard. Modern engines with some usage, and a few years of sitting. Not decades of neglect.

Most likely it's fine. Sounds like someone bought it, used it, then had a major life event that kept them from it. Guessing from an estate auction and the high initial usage, it was a retired person that got sick and didn't survive. Which sucks, but it happens.

I've bought a few cars that have sat with high initial usage. Biggest issue is rubber and electrical parts, and rust from salty air. Those are easy issues to deal with, but can feel constant during initial shakeout runs. The engines are likely in good shape based on being used and coated in oil when put away. You're likely to find EVERYTHING needs a good clean, inspection, and a touch of maintenance like lubrication or minor repair.

Just bought a '18 model camper that has been slept in 7 nights. Paid $32k for what is essentially a brand new $50k-ish unit. I'm having to do some light repairs, cleaning, and such, but overall it's still a lightly used machine at a discount.

High bid for me, on this boat, would be around $42k-$45k. That puts you around $52k out the door, and is a reasonable ($10k-ish) discount over current prices to account for the uncertainty. It's still a risk, and definitely NOT a sure thing, but it sounds like it's not a terrible situation.

So it’s a 2016. Doing a water test tomorrow. The screw-in clean out port covers started in 2017, right? If so, if yours doesn’t have EZLocks installed, make damn sure those covers are on good. After locking them, give them three good tugs to make sure they’re locked in for sure. Then buy a set of EZLocks as soon as you can.
Could you post a picture of the EZLocks

Back