• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat trailer no title

Ask the Broker the name of the Business that is on the title. Search for the Business here (assuming you are dealing with NC-based still):

https://www.sosnc.gov/search/index/corp

This will give you the Officers of the Businessthat is named on the Title. Make sure you are dealing with an Officer of the business, if you are buying assets from a company. The Bill of Sale should include some language to protect you should a clear title not be able to be conveyed:

“If Broker is unable to convey title to the Property for any reason, Buyer’s remedy is the return of any consideration delivered to Broker. Reasons of such inability to convey include, but are not limited to if the validity of the sale is challenged by any party.”

Sorry to go all paranoid on this but, it’s many orders of magnitude safer for you if the Seller has a clean Title in hand and it is in the name of the individual selling the property.

I used to be a Nigerian Prince and my money is tied up in an off-shore account. If you provide me your Bank account number I can help you in this transaction ;-)

Off the hook yacht and boat sales in Wilmington is the name. He said the is in their name. Seems like a good deal but not sure if the title issue would be a problem.

That is a legitimate company, my neighbor’s son works there. I live 3 miles from their boat yard. Send me a Private Message if there is any help you need. I’ll give you my cell and lend a hand if you need assistance.

The Maine title and plate sound great but does your boat ramp require any trailer registration to get a boat ramp sticker ? In the money grab state of NY they will gladly give an out of state ramp sticker four times the amount of a resident sticker.

Back