• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat upgrade ideas.

Jutzi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey all,
I have a 2006 sx230 I've been improving over the years to get it up to speed with newr boat options such as, gps speedometer, upgraded radio and satellite remotes with the nmea protocol, fresh water tank with transom washdown hose, underwater lights. Etc....even tho I don't surf or wakeboard I had an idea for a ballast system and a jetwash deflector that would be actuated in place by a piston....yeah wild imagination I have but curious if anyone has tried or done. I had always wanted to but never pulled the trigger.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was that paragraph a question? Or those are things you have already done? Or are thinking of doing?

Jutzi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was that paragraph a question? Or those are things you have already done? Or are thinking of doing?
Already done except the ballast and deflector....not planning to anymore but curious if anyone has done it.

Wriptide

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am new to the forum and new to jet boating, having owned a boat almost all my adult life, I just made the switch to a 2023 yamaha FSH 255 Sport E. My wife and I love the boat as an off shore fishing boat and as an island hopping boat, but I quickly made some enhancements many of you might also enjoy. The first was to find a way to make the starboard near aft hatch more useful. I had a piece of heavy marine cloth cut to the size of the opening in the shape of a square bucket. I had 2 snaps installed on each side. Now we can keep light items in that compartment without fear of them falling into the engine compartment. See pic.20230619_182353.jpg
I also needed more space while fishing for immediately asseable items such as pliers, fish holders, hooks, leader, lead, etc. So I had an upholstery shop create a 3 section pouch, with 3 grommets to match up with the 3 screws on the seat back. It is very handy, albeit it's not removable, without removing the screws, however, I have yet to find a reason to remove it. See pic
20230619_182632.jpg
I also had a helm cover made for the overnight days that I don't want to cover the entire boat, but do want to keep potential rain, dew and sunlight off the helm and electronics. See pics20230619_182654.jpg

Attachments