• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boating in Apostle Islands National Park

acemannw

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
At the end of June we spent a whole week up in the Apostle Island National Lakeshore. It was one of the best vacations we have ever had as a family We managed to get to 4 different islands. I would never go back without our boat. We stayed at the Port Superior Condos which are nice because 2 of the 3 condos have a dedicated dock right outside the back door.

Shortly after getting back we sold our Bayliner and bought a 2008 Sea Doo 230 Challenger, going to pick it up next week. Hoping to go back up there for Labor Day.

Old Boat was a 2004 Bayliner 185 with the 135 HP Mercruiser 3.0

Heading to Basswood Island NPS Dock
G0373319.JPG
IMG_20200629_135840.jpg

Long Island was our favorite beach and had the warmest water.
DJI_0385.JPG

Stockton Island NPS Dock
G0073060.JPG
This outcropping is on the East side of Hermit Island, it was one of the cooler stops we made.
DJI_0375.JPGDJI_0373.JPG
DJI_0360.JPG

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like an awesome vacation !!!

Loserkid83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks awesome. I have been thinking of trying to make a trip there someday. I was just going over what requirements you need to boat out on Lake Superior. Do you have any tips/info?

acemannw

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Looks awesome. I have been thinking of trying to make a trip there someday. I was just going over what requirements you need to boat out on Lake Superior. Do you have any tips/info?
It is so worth it. I went through the entire Coast Guard boat safety checklist. They will even check the date on your fire extinguisher. We saw the CG every day but did not see them pull any one over. I wished I had a better anchor, also a second anchor would have been handy. Always have a backup plan we tried going back to Long Island and the flies were so bad we had to leave. Also kept trying to get out on the NE side of Madeline Island to go through the caves but the weather never cooperated.