• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boating with 5 year olds

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I now want to sell my boat as the kids have grown up and moved on and out. Rarely use it. 3 times last year, none the year before. But when they were 6 to 19, it was out of control fun. Cousins, friends, etc. When they were young, it was always about safety. My youngest took the boater safety class with me at 7 and was proud of her "license." By 8 or 9 she could pilot onto the trailer. Guess that's why at 21 she is now flying jets. Even when they were whining, after 30 minutes on the water whatever the whine was about was forgotten. Just make sure they are vested up properly, when they are still little ones.
We were like you when we got our 25’ pontoon years ago. Everyone would come out with us every weekend and then the last year we had it I think there was one weekend that someone came out with us. That’s when we decided to downsize & go with a more “fun” boat and focus on immediate family & if someone wanted to tag along we still had room. We stayed on our home river most of the time with the pontoon but now that we have the AR we tend to travel to different waters more often and keep things new & interesting. The kids still enjoy boating & we know that someday they’ll have their own families & schedule so we’re soaking up all of the time with them that we can before it’s gone.