• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boats been sitting for a long time

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As the title says, our boat has been sitting for a nearly 9 months due to the eye injury I suffered in May of this year. With the start of the school year and me being really backlogged on getting things done around the house, boating for this year went on hold. As the temps here finally fall from the 90's to the 80's, we'd like to get out and use the boat again. Anything special I need to think about after such a long hibernation? I dont fog as we usually use our boat year round and keep it garaged.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would think you will be fine. Start her up in driveway (with hose) to test out if the gas has soured a bit - better to find out if you will have problems on the trailer than floating away on the ramp. Note we up north have our boats dormant for 6-7+ months in a row every winter with long periods of freezing temps, albeit with a bit of prep.

Else, do a thorough pre-flight to look for leaks, failed clamps, etc. Quite likely you will have zero issues.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I suspect you will have no problems... Run it like you stole it! If not change your oil and spark plugs. Make sure you plug all of them in if you do. You’ll know if you don’t get the full rpms.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Add a can of Seafoam to a full tank of fuel in case any water formed in the tank. May not be needed but won't hurt. You should be good though.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Top the fuel tank off with high test to get the octane rating back up , also make sure the pump liners are not contacting the impellers., if so shoot some w d 40 or similar lube into the nozzles to reduce the drag on the starters when you fire it up on the trailer before going to the water.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all the tips. Appreciate you!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to hear your getting back to action, I also wouldn't worry to much and follow the advice above, Hi-test or sea foam and go have fun!!