• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat's in the shop

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On September 11th, I took the boat to the dealer to have a list of warranty items taken care of. I was going to Florida for the week so I thought it would be a good time for them to get it done. My warranty expires in March 2016 and it will be in storage at that time so I figured I better get it all taken care of. Here's my punch list I asked them to take care of.
1. Right docking light out, screws and connectors have rusted a little.
2. Bolster seat is falling back into the seat, not providing any support
3. Circuit breaker cap on the dash has come off
4. Bimini top pin is missing the little tiny ball that keeps it in place.
5. The silicone on the intake grates is gone (wasn't sure if this was needed or necessary)
6. The rubber washer is missing from the port side wake tower causing a metallic banging.
7. The plastic dashboard is cracked underneath the switches.
8. The rubber gasket around the engine compartment is coming off.
9. The seal around the gas tank is coming off
10. The screws to the back access to the water boxes are coming out

I called the service department to check the status on the boat. Joe tell's me Yamaha has approved all repairs under warranty and they are waiting for the new seat to arrive. I will pick it up and winterize it then take it to storage but I will be happy all those issues will be handled.

I'm just happy they are taking care of everything and no hassle! I'm done boating so I'm gaining an extra spot in my driveway for the time being! lol

Nice, Kevin !

Good Luck on the completion soon.
Mikey Lulejian - On a cooler Lake Oconee, GA

I thought that your post was going to go a different direction. Glad that Yamaha is fixing all of your issues. You must have a good dealer.

They are a new, licensed Yamaha dealer. They are very inexperienced with Yamaha and don't know the product very well. At least there getting it done so I'm not complaining. The dealer I bought the boat from lost their license from yamaha so this boat dealer got it which I'm glad as it's closer. Business must be decent, they are adding a brand new building to house new boats and putting in a test pond.

So I picked up my boat today from the dealer. Didn't get a chance to inspect the work inside (heavy rain) but I saw a 192, red sitting there and it had a JetBoat.net spare tire cover! Who's boat??

Glad you got it all fixed no hassle. Nice.

So I picked up my boat today from the dealer. Didn't get a chance to inspect the work inside (heavy rain) but I saw a 192, red sitting there and it had a JetBoat.net spare tire cover! Who's boat??
I'm guessing it may be MGHJ9 over in Norwalk according to our member map.

Kevin, I will be interested to see how they "fixed" yer seat

I had the same issue with my seat bolster, they replaced just the bolster, works good as new.

I found putting the throw cushion in the space between the bolster and back of the seat is far more comfortable then just the bolster alone. It may relieve some of the stress from sitting on top of just the bolster too, who knows.

Great to know, I would have assumed most repairs would not have been covered. I will have to make up my list before my warranty expires.

Throw cushion = transom cushion?

Thanks!

No, throw cushion is part of your safety gear you should have on your boat. a square (about 1.5 ft) with loops at each end.

Got in the boat to examine. Everything looks good and completed. Here's my brand new seat and the bolster the way it's supposed to be!image.jpeg

Back