• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What should I expect at pick up (new 2024 AR220)

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picking up our new 2024 AR 220 this coming Saturday (may 4th, yes May the 4th be with me) and looking at all these horror stories on people finding loose / extra bolts, screws, engine packaging substances (rubber band etc), engine hose clamps loose in the engine compartment and other places on the boat. What should i really be inspecting. Sadly my dealer is 2.5 hours from where I will be keeping the boat, so whatever I can find before driving off and having to bring back to the dealer would be helpful.

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Are you meeting them at the lake? They should take you out and show you how everything works on the water. You will probably find a bunch of junk in the drain plug hole after the first couple uses, its normal debris from the factory.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is in the FAQ section, start here

In addition to whats in the linked thread above, take a small mag light, not the light on your cell phone, I personally love the AAA LED mini mag lights as they are super bright, and go over everything inside the boat, stick your head in all the compartments, go over the engine bay thoroughly check the aft bilge as well.

And definitEly what @highway76 said, have them take you out on the boat for a sea trial, the dealer I bought my boat from is six hours away and they took me out for a couple hours while we tested all the electronics and trolling motor.

Last edited: