• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bolster seat brokex2

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
First I want to say that I purchased a 2016 215 and its fucking awesome!! now for the down... Both my seats are broken in "up "bolster position . Seems as the design my not be great . They are held by two tiny brackets that I will post pic that apparently keep them from going too far back.. Are u not supposed to sit on them when thr up or are u? Didn't see anything in the manual. I used to always sit on my seats when bolstered to sit up higher on my 210 sp and never an issue . Anyone else commiserate ? Thanks people

Attachments

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I sit on my bolster all of the time. I have hit some pretty big waves here on West Bay PC, FL and I think I may have broke the bolster in the center. Not sure what the pieces are?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Broke my bolster twice already...going to repair it myself with something stronger

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Your not alone, Mine failed the first season and the new one looks like its headed for the same fate

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I found that same piece of plastic in my boat the other day. I'm still scratching my head wondering where the heck it came from.

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It's the part that is supposed to keep the seat from going too far back. If you reach up inside the 2 square openings under yr seats you will find them . Scarab mailed me new bolster brackets but I'm not even going to bother putting them on. I'll configure something better over the winter months

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Ronnie0471 take pictures when you do, it looks like we all will need to make the same modification.