• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bonafide SS 127 Kayak

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We were at the RV show in Dallas a couple months ago. I don’t remember what the vendors booth was, but there was one of these kayaks leaning against the wall. It looked different and I heckled it out. Turns out that the area representative for Bonafide was right there and spent an hour chatting with me about it. It is a big advance in fishing kayaks and a big advance in general, with a 12’7” length, and 33.?” width. It has a catamaran style hull that lets it track straight and fast effortlessly I am told. He also said that tracking capability didn’t take away from maneuvering one bit. We don’t do much fishing if any. Planning g doing some fly fishing for trout this September but will rent gear and hire a guide. Just wondered if any of you have any knowledge of this brand of kayak and info first hand? I had a number for the rep and lost it. He offered to let us meet him at the lake and demo the model. Here’s a link from some outfitter telling about it. I don’t have anything to do with them or the manufacturer, I just thought it was a very cool boat.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I don't know this particular brand... but I'd be hesitant to buy the very first design. For reference, I paddle up to class V whitewater, paddle a lot. This does not mean I know fishing kayaks... but I do know that first designs of kayaks often have issues that aren't apparent. Companies will iterate over the years and improve the designs (like anything else for that matter). If it's a really good deal as compared to competitors such as Jackson kayak which have been making these types of kayaks for years, then as long as you know you're buying the first version, go for it. Otherwise, I'd consider other brands.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think @Luc Lafreniere , that they designer and entrepreneur that started this company, has decades in kayak manufacturing. I am told he went out in his own because he wanted to address the needs of fishermen, and all needs, not just a select few. You can stand up on this beast and move around without fear of tipping. You can fish standing up. You can stand up paddle it, and then it has all the assessory rails. The write ups in this kayak is impressive as well as the wait list to get them. It is now in stock in some places but it has taken two years to have inventory enough for that. I just wonder if it is worth that kind of money for what I want it for. I would be buying stability, and ease of going 5 or 10 miles vs most that you can’t. I’m 62, so I have limits. Andnin jonwaynis this type of kayak designed for white water, although it would be ocean/lake/river stable. It just isn’t a rapids boat.