• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Both engines with starter/relay problems

I want to get to looking at this properly but these last few days it has all been going pear shaped. My SUV quit on me, the Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200 battery decided to quit, and then the septic system backed up. Even a small problem can be a big deal on a small island, you often don't get the chance to just nip down the road and buy what you need. Living in paradise does not come without its problems! I am not going to get to it tomorrow but I hope to find the time on Friday.

Your next to last sentence makes all the problems go away!

@scopeusa I had a fluky problem with starting last summer. It turned out to be water in some of the connectors behind the white round plate in the aft starboard locker. I removed the plate, pulled the wiring harness out and opened all the connectors (one at a time) checked for moisture, then reconnected them. I found two connectors with a measurable amount of water and one with a corroded pin. I dried them and sprayed they with a spray electrical drying agent. that resolved the issue. The one with the most water was way back inside. It was hard to reach.

Back