• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bought an AR190 Month ago...need to convert for fishing

Heyday

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are first time boat owners in Delaware Bay....need to start fishing....what are the toys and gadgets that I should add to boat? Garmin Striker fish finder is being installed next week. Now I want to add more fishing toys...All advice is welcomed.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I replaced the cup holders on the transom with the fishing rod / cup holder combo. That has been the best fishing upgrade I’ve done so far (fish finder getting installed Tuesday).

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I ordered 2 sets of these so a total of 4. I put them on my tower two on each side on the smaller tube. One on each side pointing straight back and one on each side pointing out. Construction is solid.

How do you think they would hold up for trolling at slow speeds (less than 3mph)?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No problem

They are very, very solid. You will be pleased. I put my full weight on them as a step in an emergency when I had to jump off near the sand dunes. Didn't even budge. 240 lbs.

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced the cup holders on the transom with the fishing rod / cup holder combo. That has been the best fishing upgrade I’ve done so far (fish finder getting installed Tuesday).
I bought the cup holders as well and am now confused on where to route the drain line. What did you do for your install?

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I tied them into the existing drain tube which was there which dumps onto the transom.

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
but isn't the existing drain higher than the drain of the new cup/rod holder?

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It is, so some water can pool in there unless you blow it out. I just kept the tubing as short as possible to avoid having water stuck in there.

LawRenceAr190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are first time boat owners in Delaware Bay....need to start fishing....what are the toys and gadgets that I should add to boat? Garmin Striker fish finder is being installed next week. Now I want to add more fishing toys...All advice is welcomed.
Don't know if we are allowed to paste you tube videos but this guy did a gps plotter on his 190.
I want to install a fish finder too but this seems like too much work for me lol