• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bought double rod holders that fit the newer tower perfectly

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found these Dolphin double rod holders that fit my 17' ar240 perfectly. I will take a picture this weekend installed on the boat. I did a quick test fit and with the smallest rubber insert they fit like a champ.
20190319_122818.jpg
20190319_122827.jpg
20190319_122833.jpg

Jakester1967

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was looking at one of those and came across this. It's a cup/rod holder. The bottom unscrews and allows a fishing rod to fit. The clamp is really tight. Paid $15 for it at the Houston boat show.Screenshot_20190321-194321_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking at one of those and came across this. It's a cup/rod holder. The bottom unscrews and allows a fishing rod to fit. The clamp is really tight. Paid $15 for it at the Houston boat show.
Picture? Website?

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for this. Just ordered one for my 2018, hope it fits.
Just confirming back. Fits fine on a 2018 AR240. Came with 3 different rubber liners. I'm not 100% happy with the angle I needed to place it at but it's just the angle of the tower to blame.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just confirming back. Fits fine on a 2018 AR240. Came with 3 different rubber liners. I'm not 100% happy with the angle I needed to place it at but it's just the angle of the tower to blame.
It's been a few years since you posted, how are they holding up? Do they get in the way when you are tubing/boarding (does the rope snag your fishing poles?)

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's been a few years since you posted, how are they holding up? Do they get in the way when you are tubing/boarding (does the rope snag your fishing poles?)
The holder itself has held up fine, no issues. The rubber is starting to get a bit nasty which is pretty typical though.

We tube from the rear tow point so no issues there. So far they have not gotten tangled up with any wakeboard ropes. My riders typically don't go that far on the sides of the boat and with the rope angle off the tower it's been a non issue. They would need to be closer to parallel to the boat to hit the poles I think. I mean I suppose it could happen.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The holder itself has held up fine, no issues. The rubber is starting to get a bit nasty which is pretty typical though.

We tube from the rear tow point so no issues there. So far they have not gotten tangled up with any wakeboard ropes. My riders typically don't go that far on the sides of the boat and with the rope angle off the tower it's been a non issue. They would need to be closer to parallel to the boat to hit the poles I think. I mean I suppose it could happen.
Appreciate your reply! Thanks!