• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow/Cockpit cover compatability

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys, I am planning to install B/C covers real soon. I have installed them on 2 previous boats with no issues. I really didn't want the standard "taupe" color covers. I had a black bimini top made last year, using my original "taupe" one as a template, and I think it looks great. I was doing some searching online and was considering ordering the B/C covers for a different Yamaha 24' model so I could go with different color choices. I ordered covers for a AR240, even though I have a 242 L/S. The covers for the AR are in "charcoal" instead of "taupe". The bow cover order was canceled by the seller, who says it was on backorder. I got the cockpit cover and layed it out over a borrowed 242 L/S cockpit cover and it is an exact match. However, I suspect that the bow covers are different between the 2 models, due to the higher seats in the bow area on the 242 L/S. I plan to take a borrowed bow cover to the upholstery shop to see if they can make me one in charcoal to match my Yamaha cockpit cover. I figured I post this hear in case anyone else wanted to go with an AR or SX cover for their L/S, and also, if any AR owners can post a pic of bow cover installed, it would be a huge help. If I know the covers are identical, other than color, despite the seat differences, I will find another place to order one from.

Thanks in advance!

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure anyone but me cares, but wanted to update this thread. I ordered bow and cockpit covers that were meant to fit a SX240, and they installed without modifications, on my 2010 242 Limited S. If you are wondering why I didnt just order them for my boat, its because I didnt want the "taupe" color. The AR240 and SX240 use gray covers.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Post some pictures when you get them installed. I want to add these to my boat and I hated the idea of having to have the taupe color. Where did you buy them?

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got them through Yamaha Sports Plaza, though you can sometimes find them cheaper on ebay. I only have one pic, so far...
20160427_175049.jpg

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! Looks good. :thumbsup:

zelone