• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow/Cockpit Cover

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I currently have this type if cover on my 2010. Does anyone know if this was a factory option back then? Or did the original owner have it installed by a shop/dealer at time of purchase. Basically, if I order a new one from @JetBoatPilot or yamaha will it match up to the snaps already on my boat? The other three 240/242 in our slip look identical to my set up, which led me to the question.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A bow and cockpit cover is available from Yamaha and I believe in multiple color options.

I have read about other owners replacing their covers and discovering that the snaps did not line up with the new factory cover. Hopefully yours will.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you can order the bow and cockpit covers with or without snaps (for replacement covers). I too, will be needing a new bow and cockpit cover soon. I think I am going to have one made locally when I decide to replace mine. When I do, I will have them add a flap to the cockpit cover that overlaps onto the bow cover and then fastens with velcro. Presently, the water runs down the cockpit cover at the windshield, under the bow cover, and into the boat.

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Thanks for the help. So it's safe to say that my cover did not come from the factory. If I need a new cover, get one with out snaps then have it modified with new snaps to match what I have. Or just go to a canvas shop and have it custom made to match my snaps.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The cover is likely Yamaha but dealer installed. You may do better at a local canvas shop using the old one as a pattern and adding the overlap to prevent leakage.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd do like @davel501 said. I'd get one made at a local canvas shop made out of the material of your choice and color of your choice. Personally, I'd get it made from Sunbrella if the price isn't too prohibitive. Using the old one as a pattern should help reduce the costs vs a custom bow/cockpit cover I would think .

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe - Just noticed you are sort of local. I had this guy re-stitch my old boat's sunbrella bow and cockpit cover - http://jeffsboattops.com/ - he was a very nice guy and for my job at least, was very reasonably priced.

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
thanks @steined I will check that out. It will probably be a winter upgrade as the cover I have is fine for now. It is just starting to mold and tear in a couple places. Its in a covered slip so I should be able to get through the season no problem. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone with a 2015 AR240, with the snap on cockpit/bow covers, having issues around the tower? Specifically the two snaps in front of the tower? With the new towers on the 2015 AR's Yamaha has not changed the cover design around the tower. Just wondering if there was cure/slash work around before drilling commences.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me clarify. There is no way to drill the two holes - straight down- with out removing the tower for a proper installation. Removing the tower to do the install would be the obvious answer but that seems foolish. image.jpg
This how it should sit when installed correctly. But the tower is in the way to do so.
image.jpg
Just seems like a waste of time to remove the tower to install four snaps!

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MikeyL thanks for the feed back. The problem is the tower, it's just plain in the way to drill straight down into the boat. The cover is a Yamaha cover straight from the dealer. The cover fits great, it's just getting the two snaps on each side in front of the tower installed correctly - without removing the tower :mad: Was hoping someone had already experienced this and may have a bit of advise on what they did.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Opps, sorry @MikeyL, thought you were responding to me :( I feel so alone...

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Glassman suggestion is the first thought that come to mind. If that does not work, can you release the front of the tower and tilt it back without removing the whole tower?

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Glassman Jim, a right angle works for the first snap furthest away from the tower but not the second/closer one.

@Boat Crazy We are looking at that right now - it appears it can be done - but now the question is how much manpower is needed to actually manhandle the tower to tilt back/raise enough to drill one hole one each side. Extended Boom Fork Lift would be nice or I wonder if she could help.

104-strong_women_00-758247.jpg

more to follow....

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Opps, sorry @MikeyL, thought you were responding to me :( I feel so alone...
Thanks for the GOOD laugh ......... LOL !
I was responding to what I read, the starting and original post, which is like a year old.
And decided my mind (not worth much, according to my wife) said "DELETE YOUR POST."
Thus ........... LOL !
Please don't "feel alone" .......... A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Waste!" ............ LOL !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - On that lake you know so well in Georgia

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rigger Mike , that scared the sh*t outta me!

I had a very bad experience with a leopard skin bikini once. :eek:

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Let me clarify. There is no way to drill the two holes - straight down- with out removing the tower for a proper installation. Removing the tower to do the install would be the obvious answer but that seems foolish. View attachment 20694
This how it should sit when installed correctly. But the tower is in the way to do so.
View attachment 20695
Just seems like a waste of time to remove the tower to install four snaps!
What was the outcome with the tower? Did the angle help or did you loosen and fold back enuff??

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We went to the extreme and lifted the tower off with an overhead hoist. It was the right/only way to get it done properly.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We went to the extreme and lifted the tower off with an overhead hoist. It was the right/only way to get it done properly.
Was this trouble on the cockpit cover correct? Bow cover wasn't a problem?