• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow hold on rail

The Mia Fay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Question has anyone had a problem with the bow chrome hold on safety rail coming loose ?? I had a problem with both sides the bolt came out and fell into the storage compartment below. The dealer said this is a common problem poor design. If you had a similar issue did you have to pay for the repair?? I have a 252S year 2021

Should be covered.
I’m currently dealing with this issue on the port side. Bolt towards the anchor box is really loose. I’ve attempted to get a open end wrench in there to no avail. Dealer said they would repair. However they are 90 miles away…
If you can manage to get your arms up there, I recommend wearing long sleeves and gloves. Put blue locktite on the bolt prior to reattaching.

Should be covered.
I’m currently dealing with this issue on the port side. Bolt towards the anchor box is really loose. I’ve attempted to get a open end wrench in there to no avail. Dealer said they would repair. However they are 90 miles away…
If you can manage to get your arms up there, I recommend wearing long sleeves and gloves. Put blue locktite on the bolt prior to reattaching.
Not covered they did fix it , for a $100.00. Didn’t see how they did it very tight spot . Good Luck

There’s a thread on this on here.

Based on the comments from others on how difficult it is to get at, it was probably worth the $100.

Not sure if you are talking about a Yr. 2021. 252A. I don’t feel any bolt
IMG_0044.jpeg

So I did mine by removing the speaker and fiberglass housing, kinda sucked but not horrible. Another member removed the seat back cushion and there is a huge hole to make it super quick and easy.

Ok so there are options , hope not to this again Thanks did you get to both screw ??

Ok so there are options , hope not to this again Thanks did you get to both screw ??
Yeah the nut went right on. I used loc tite on the threads

So I did mine by removing the speaker and fiberglass housing, kinda sucked but not horrible. Another member removed the seat back cushion and there is a huge hole to make it super quick and easy.
Out of curiosity - how does that cushion come out?

Out of curiosity - how does that cushion come out?

Not sure on that one exactly but they are pretty such all the same... some screws on the bottom and then it lifts straight up.

Not sure on that one exactly but they are pretty such all the same... some screws on the bottom and then it lifts straight up.
Good to know, thanks!

Good to know, thanks!

The screws are often hidden, so you have to feel them then press the cushion up to get to them.

The screws are often hidden, so you have to feel them then press the cushion up to get to them.
While I've got the right person here... how in the world do you take out the plastic insets panel pieces by the cupholders?

While I've got the right person here... how in the world do you take out the plastic insets panel pieces by the cupholders?

I don't remember exactly but I think you take out the speaker and then you can feel around each corner for a nut to remove and it slides out.

Wow. Thanks for the pictures , will have to take a look at mine hope it’s the same. Have a great weekend

Not covered they did fix it , for a $100.00. Didn’t see how they did it very tight spot . Good Luck

Well, sorry you’re dealer/warranty did not cover it. Mine was repaired and covered under warranty yesterday.
They also took care of the loose pilot console door, and anchor locker cover stripped screws.
I purchased the 7 year full coverage warranty. It’s pay off already. Between the 02 sensor issues, and the other stuff.

Back