• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow light Refurb and convert to LED

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigN8 If I was to buy a stainless steel one, which do you recommend? Thanks!!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems a little complicated than just buying a while new assembly from attwood. I bought the stainless steel version that came with LEDs.

Nice step by step how to though
The point of the exercise was to get the best of both worlds and keep the Boat original and at the same time encourage people to attempt to have a go at fixing there boat with a simple easy to understand guide, I appreciate buying a new one is always the easy option but there's no sense of achievement,Boating is always a challenge you never stop learning, Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigN8 If I was to buy a stainless steel one, which do you recommend? Thanks!!
This is what I used - Replacing Yamaha SX230 Bow Light with Seasense Stainless LED . It is much more pleasant to step on and is not harmed by the weight.

I like @Geoff Cooper's method. I upgraded all the bulbs in my LX210 to LED including the bow light. I have upgraded most in my SX230. I like LED for reduced consumption and longevity. Not sure if the cops were checking for alcohol or checking out the girls on board but we were held up for about five minutes while they debated if my LED illuminated factory light was blue or green. So I decided to go with a LED replacement instead of the sub $5 LED bulb that I had installed.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for that Bruce, Mines Blue anyway, If you look at the first Photo you can see the blue filter, We don't get water Patrols over here you have to be careful at night because many of the fishing Boats have no lights, If you look at those Photos you very kindly put on for me the Boat i took a Photo of is a local fisherman and they go out at night and many have no lights, My boat was from California and the light looks Blue to me see what you think!
Bruce have a look at the Lens color in step 3 of my description and tell me what you think, It looks Blue to me, There again i am an old bugger.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce have a look at the Lens color in step 3 of my description and tell me what you think, It looks Blue to me, There again i am an old bugger.
I agree that yours looks blue as well. I believe you would have been checked out by my local water patrol. My theory is that the incandescent bulb puts out a lower amount of yellowish light causing the color through the lens to darken resulting in green light being transmitted. I thought about trying a different color bulb but decided to replace the whole unit. We are responsible drinkers but I prefer to avoid wasting time with LE on the water.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree that yours looks blue as well. I believe you would have been checked out by my local water patrol. My theory is that the incandescent bulb puts out a lower amount of yellowish light causing the color through the lens to darken resulting in green light being transmitted. I thought about trying a different color bulb but decided to replace the whole unit. We are responsible drinkers but I prefer to avoid wasting time with LE on the water.
It strikes me they can't have anything better to do, I have never heard of this, We don't get any of that in England or here thank God i have never ever come across any kind of Patrol and I've been Boating since 1975 this is all new to me, I always thought America was the land of the free it seems to have gone health and safety mad i presume that's the reason for the Patrols because there are more inconsiderate Boaters appearing on the water, But hey a debate over the color of a light come on someone needs to get a life.

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length