• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow Navigation Light

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors Our front Navigation light is LED on the 2020 212s, so it's just warm when turned on. It shouldn't get hot.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just bought a SeaSense from WestMarine and a TecNiq M20.
The SeaSense is a little big and the rubber hangs over a bit but it's brighter than the Tecniq. Both are rated at 2NM. Not sure which one I'm keeping yet. View attachment 121628View attachment 121629

It's gotta match the Tron/Knight Rider vibe I've already got going :)View attachment 121630
Thanks for this. I went out the other night and discovered the bulb was blown in mine and most of the threads here talk about newer boats, not the 230 series hull. I was going to replace the bulb with LED but come to find out it's something like $30 so I might as well just swap the whole thing. I did like the stock white one but the more I think about it, the more I think the stainless would look good next to the stainless rub rail and bow handles. I was looking at both of these lights but your comparison video is a huge help. I would prefer the Tecniq one due to smaller size and fitting better but the Seasense is much brighter. Are you concerned that water will get in under it? Looks like you boat in a similar brackish scenario to me. How noticeable is it in person that it's bigger than the little bump in the hull?

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How noticeable is it in person that it's bigger than the little bump in the hull?
The Seasense fits the boat well looks wise. Frankly after a few days you will never look that closely at it again! It has a rubber base that seals around the holes so I don't have any concern that water will seep into the bow. Enjoy the water, and don't forget to rinse with salt away. It will coat your cooling system with a film that helps prevent the beating that salt can take on our engines.

bobholthaus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
These lights on my 2020 242SE were very hot as well. More importantly, they shine so brightly on the fiberglass that it affects my night vision. Are either of the models listed above better at hiding the light from the helm?

while I’m on it, the Connext, at 5% brightness, is also too bright at times. Any solution there? Thanks.

Trich2017

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2012 242 I just purchased and the light does not turn on do I just need to replace the whole unit? Which one did you like these are plug and play ?