• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow Pedestal/Chair solution

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've been pondering for quite a while what the best solution is for fishing from the bow. Having grown up fishing from Pontoons and Lund/Crestliner style boats there is always a good ability to fish from the front of the boat, and the style I liked the most in the past, was how many boats have a swivel chair in the bow, where you have your trolling motor foot pedal setup. I don't currently have the bow insert, so I'm not sure what the full structural strength of that would be, but I doubt it would be rigid or strong enough to mount a typical pedestal on like in this image.

l_2015-baron-2275-bow-seat-1024x682.jpg

I'd love to come up with a solution. Have any of you other over-thinkers pondered this type of situation yet?

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The 2016 fsh190 I have came with the bow pedestal chair installed. I've never used it and actually sold the chair. The support is still mounted. If you need pics let me know. I'm sure the setup is different so may not be applicable.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The 2016 fsh190 I have came with the bow pedestal chair installed. I've never used it and actually sold the chair. The support is still mounted. If you need pics let me know. I'm sure the setup is different so may not be applicable.
Yeah I have a 210 so the bow is very different. I wish it were that simple! The 190 is clearly made to match the feature I’m talking about… I’m trying to shoehorn it into a 210.