• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

bow roller question

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Got my boat in the water today so I decided to do a little trailer work. I replaced the factory bow roller with what I thought was the correct size, but the middle portion looks too small, what do you guys think?

Also, are all there parts supposed to roll? If so I have to loosen it up a bit, I can spin the center but NOT the two outer portions.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can I just replaced the center portion with a slightly larger roller?

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used washers as spacers. Cam.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well that doesn't look right.... If it was mine I would bend the brackets in that the roller bolts to.

What's the part number on the roller that you bought?

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't have a part number, but it is a stolz 4" piece, I don't believe I've seen a 5" version of that center piece. From my searching, that is the correct part.

I could, as you said, try to bend the brackets, if they were closer that would pretty much solve it. The aluminum (or whatever the material) looks pretty solid, bending and not ruining might take some effort no?

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe that is fine the way it is. The outer rollers will center the boat and the center piece will find it's place accordingly. And in my experience they do NOT roll easily. These units are only there as bow stops with only the slightest amount of 'roller' friction ever happening so it's not important that they roll freely.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, I was wondering about rolling, I can adjust the amount of rolling by loosening up the bolts. Does it matter if they roll? If it help, I loosen the nuts and let them roll.

I'm thinking like you said, it is a stop, there really isn't any rolling going on. I also agree that the gap isn't that bad, I was just surprised I haven't heard about it more. I don't think you can buy a larger center roller.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I was wondering about rolling, I can adjust the amount of rolling by loosening up the bolts. Does it matter if they roll? If it help, I loosen the nuts and let them roll.

I'm thinking like you said, it is a stop, there really isn't any rolling going on. I also agree that the gap isn't that bad, I was just surprised I haven't heard about it more. I don't think you can buy a larger center roller.
I think you're good to go. Don't over tighten to the point of bending the tabs. Nothing gained by doing that.