• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow roller

cjaysanchez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just replaced my bow roller. Does the center part need to be easily turning while the sides be hard to move? When I tight it up pretty good, none of the parts roll. Just want to make sure I do not have to tight it up too tight. Stoltz roller for 2021 Yamaha 195s replacing oem.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I recall correctly (it has been some time), mine was attached with a nylon nut, so I could tighten it and the nut would stay without snugging the nut all the way (and allowing the bells to turn) without coming off. Do you not have the same nut? It should be able to roll, but does not need to be completely loose, if that makes sense.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just replaced my bow roller. Does the center part need to be easily turning while the sides be hard to move? When I tight it up pretty good, none of the parts roll. Just want to make sure I do not have to tight it up too tight. Stoltz roller for 2021 Yamaha 195s replacing oem.
@tdonoughue is correct...the bolt/nut is there to hold it on, it does not need to be tight, and the roller should turn. If you don't have a Nylock nut you can use blue Loctite to keep the nut from coming loose.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@cjaysanchez ....IMO all three parts should turn freely but not be loose. If all three parts (center bumper and two bells) can't rotate freely scuffing will occur. Mine came with the aircraft (nylock) nut so no need for blue loctite. :cool:

Last edited: