• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow Rollers

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I bought a Stoltz Bow roller off Amazon. The one I got doesnt really fit well. I measured by trailer, the center piece is 3-1/2" wide. I want it to be about as big as the factory one to have good cushion. This one is small and almost worries me. The two metal mounts for the bolt to go through are only about 1/4" below the roller now. Im afraid that with too much force, it may compress and the metal mounts stab my beautiful brittle gelcoat and chip it.

Anyone have a link to the EXACT bow roller I would need? Im going to return this one since it is so small.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Stoltz ULT-4 is what i used on my trailer. I believe the kit is a RP-444 roller with two RP-434 bell ends and the bolt hardware.

I am uncertain if the 192 has the same roller mount as mine.

All of the Stoltz bow rollers can be viewed at http://www.stoltzind.com/bowstops.html

I have read of members who bent the mount to widen it and others who cut the roller down to fit.

Amazon accepts returns easily. They will most likely reduce your refund by the cost of return shipping.

This is how mine looks

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Are you saying that the distance between the metal bracket arms is 4" or the size of the center roller is 4"? My center roller was 4" and the spread between the arms was 3.9" and I just opened them. Yes, the brackets are about 1/4" from the edge of the roller. Have you felt of that material? You will have a hell of a time compressing that 1/4" with 3 wings to hit the brackets. There are thousands of us with this roller I would imagine. It is a popular upgrade.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My distance was 3-1/2"
Its just so much smaller than the original. Im going to return it and get another one.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great move to replace stock, the stock one marked up the bow as I learned the art of how far to dunk the trailer.

Jason Talley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered the Stoltz 4" and while it is the correct one, my spacing on my bracket is JUST under the width needed. I actually took a hacksaw and about an hour of rigorous sawing and trimmed the middle piece down any about 1/8-1/4". It still is a little snug but I was able to get it in. Ill use it a few times and see if it loosens up a little. If not, Ill trip it down a little more. Much nicer material than the stock one.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jason Talley, I believe some members have bent the mount open a little wider to make it fit.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just ordered the ultimate 4 from overtons.com for $35.99 shipped. Hope it fits the galvanized shorland'r for the 242's.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had to expand the two brackets a bit to make it fit. However, I noticed that if you simply bend the brackets, they are on a slight angle and the roller does not roll as smooth. So I actually went back and widened the brackets a bit more and then used a pipe wrench to bend back in the bracket half way up so the bracket was straight and let the roller move freely. Big pain in the butt todo.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just installed mine and it was snug... Are you all tightening the bolt so tight the rollers do not turn or do you keep loose enough to turn with hand?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put mine in snug. When the weight of the boat is on it, it will roll.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just installed mine and it was snug... Are you all tightening the bolt so tight the rollers do not turn or do you keep loose enough to turn with hand?
My moved but the brackets hit a bit. I just wanted it to be 100%.