• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Box anchor in scarab 215. Perfect fit.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure there were some questions awhile back about the box anchor in the scarab 215. The small box anchor fits perfect if you don't use the bag and line the locker. I just used some old leftover gym tiles. Fits tight with no bouncing or contact with fiberglass. image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks, that answered a question I had. Been looking at upgrading to a box anchor and was looking at the small size one. Now I know it fits.

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So, @Pinhacker71 , what's your evaluation of the anchor itself? Been considering one but turned off by the weight of the thing, considering it's usually my wife or a smaller friend dropping and retrieving it. Is it really all that it's cracked up to be, setting the first time every time?

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Not a miracle anchor but works well. It is heavy though. Sets 80% first throw without a ton of line. Takes some muscle to retrieve it. Gives your forearms a good burn if it's deep.

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Works great! We moved from Hawaii (sandy bottom) to Texas (rocky/clay) and could not get my anchor to hold. this one does the trick; but, damn . . . it gives you a workout in 40 feet of water retrieving it. LOL.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
but, damn . . . it gives you a workout in 40 feet of water retrieving it. LOL.
Set your feet and pretend like you are on the rowing machine. It is definitely not for the faint of heart. I keep telling my wife that a big plus of a pocket cruiser would be the Windlass anchor, but she just smiles and says the Windlass on her boat works fine...

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Set your feet and pretend like you are on the rowing machine. It is definitely not for the faint of heart. I keep telling my wife that a big plus of a pocket cruiser would be the Windlass anchor, but she just smiles and says the Windlass on her boat works fine...
Yep. It used to be my wife's job to pull up the anchor . . . not any more! Oh well. At least I don't have to be nervous about dragging the anchor and hitting another boat any more.