• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Box anchor

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The box anchor is a heavy mofo around 25 lbs IIRC for the small size for our boats. I don't think I'd want that thing in the bow bangin' around unless you somehow made something to really secure it. The bow of the boat takes more of a beating than the stern and that's why I keep my box anchor in the rear storage. Maybe the older gen boats were built sturdier up there?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never seen one in person but right now I have a reg anchor with 12 ft of heavy chain and a mushroom anchor attached to that as well. It works great but a pain to pull all that in without it swinging into the boat

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Box anchor, in the anchor locker is a recipe for disaster as there is no effective way to secure it. I stow my box anchor under the front port side seat.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a small stainless steel box. I’d sell you if your interested.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a custom "Mel Manufactured" box anchor in my 230's bow storage. Fits perfect. Nice and secure. Don't even know it is in there. Thanks Mel!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had a small box anchor in the anchor locker for the infamous 2015 bimini crossing/flight, no issues. Ain't much better for lake use. Even held pretty good over there, but I did drag it one time with a super strong current in loose sand at one of the plane wrecks.

Dodi5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
😂 it was worth a try , may I ask why did you get rid of it

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
😂 it was worth a try , may I ask why did you get rid of it
moved from lake boating to ocean boating. Box doesn’t do good in fine sand. But in a muddy lake it’s definitely King

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fwiw, I bought a 13lb box anchor from bass pro shops that fits perfectly in my anchor locker when folded. I wasn’t expecting it to but it just sits there in such a way that it won’t move. I have 2021 ar210

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Fwiw, I bought a 13lb box anchor from bass pro shops that fits perfectly in my anchor locker when folded. I wasn’t expecting it to but it just sits there in such a way that it won’t move. I have 2021 ar210
The Box Anchor at Bass Pro Shop is a knock-off of the Slide Anchor. It is $40 more for the Small (19 lb) one from Slide Anchor and it comes with the storage bag. Ryan set up my system and included a free buoy and shackle (to attach the anchor line to the anchor).

The Small fits with plenty of room to spare on the 242. I'm pretty sure the Large would also fit.
X4.jpg