• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brake Fluid? Can't figure out

jeremywatco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2007 MFI trailer is having an issue maybe that I cant figure out.

Other day was looking under boat and the keel had some sort of liquid all over it and dripping off.. finger touch reveals what appears to be brake fluid.. looked everywhere else on the trailer.. nothing.. so said.. hmm thats odd. Lets launch boat and check trailer out.

Launched boat. Looked everywhere on trailer. Couldnt find anything.

Brought back home.

Today go out and the top of the trailer rails up near the front of the boat are covered in brake fluid. nice puddle on ground too. Look at fluid level and its a little low but not empty. Inspect the rubber lines in the folding tongue.. look good everything is dry. Checked the underside of everything.. bone dry. Just the top of the trailer.

Any ideas? Can't seem to figure it out. Its shooting out of somewhere and onto the top

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First eliminate the outside chance of it coming from the tow vehicle. Doubtful, but worth mentioning. Second, put pressure on the system. Unplug the light plug so the brake bypass isn’t functional, chalk the rear of the trailer tires, and put the tow vehicle in reverse. Have someone else do this while you stand back there and look for where it might be leaking. Where was this puddle located?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting thought that it could be coming from the tow vehicle. I had a leak on my motorcycle that I could not figure out. Ended up attaching my phone to the frame a couple of times and took some videos. Found out where it was coming from that way, a totally different place than I expected. Maybe give this a try if the above suggestion doesn’t give you any answers.