• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Brand New Aluminum Trailer for Sale

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all, I purchased a Venture Trailer Commader Series COM-5300 EDIT: (originally listed as 6000, my mistake) from a dealer in Pennsylvania. I haven't yet had it shipped to me and have now found one on the west coast much closer.

My total cost with upgraded stainless steel hardware and a $675 shipping down payment was $4,149.00

I would like to sell that to someone on the east coast and I'll buy the one 2.5 hours away from me.

Anyone looking to upgrade?

EDITED to correct model number in text above.

Last edited:

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref - just started thinking about replacing ours... $4149 includes the shipping charge? Where is it located? I'm wondering if I can pick it up and save the shipping?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is in Hanover, PA. You sure could save $675.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you by any chance get the swing tongue on it?
Will have to discuss with 'management' tonight - we only use the trailer to haul out and store the boat a couple of times a season so we were originally thinking of a more 'basic' model if not a used one but...

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The swing tongue was the one option I did not get.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @Scuba_ref man I would love to upgrade my painted steel trailer to an Aluminum one. Wonder how much shipping would be to Hawaii.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @Scuba_ref man I would love to upgrade my painted steel trailer to an Aluminum one. Wonder how much shipping would be to Hawaii.
I know that with my boat on top of the trailer it will cost about $5600 out of Oakland. Not sure what it would be with the boat! I figured you would know @rkim808 !!

BTW, we will be on the Big Island next week getting my wife settled in to a rented condo - she starts work on the 8th.

Hope I can follow permanently by the end of August!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know that with my boat on top of the trailer it will cost about $5600 out of Oakland. Not sure what it would be with the boat! I figured you would know @rkim808 !!

BTW, we will be on the Big Island next week getting my wife settled in to a rented condo - she starts work on the 8th.

Hope I can follow permanently by the end of August!
Nice, I’m going to be coming to Kona not set yet but between September 5-15th. My cousins is coming in from Vegas and we’ll be doing some Blue Water hunting together. Maybe if ur there by then we can hookup.🤙🏽

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref - just started thinking about replacing ours... $4149 includes the shipping charge? Where is it located? I'm wondering if I can pick it up and save the shipping?
That trailer should move anywhere in the lower 48 for $1 per mile or less.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref , we're going to take that trailer off your hands. :)
Thanks!
Question is, how do we go from here?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome! Let me talk to the dealer tomorrow. Can you PM me your contact info?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I made a mistake on the model number. I bought the trailer 3 months ago and my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

It is actually the COM-5300 and it has a load capacity of 5300lbs, can handle a boat with a bow eye to transom measurement of between 17' and 22'. On my AR230 that measurement was just under 20 feet.

The price to you if you pick it up is $3474.00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for hijacking an old thread but can you tell me where you purchased the original trailer in Hanover? It's not far from me and I'm in the market to replace the orignal MFI.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No worries - glad to help.
Trailer dealer was actually a guy from PA, EMI Trailers, that also sells trailers on eBay.
His signature:
EMI 717 577 7451
visit us on Ebay, user name "onlinetrailers"
Venture trailers are made in Dundalk and since we're in MD I just arranged to pick mine up there - guy from EMI drove 2 blocks past me to the factory, picked up trailer and met me in a parking lot nearby, cash deal.
Trailer is great - got a COM-5300 which is more than enough capacity (and would work for your boat but I wish that I had gotten the -6000 for a bit more "room"). HUGE improvement over painted steel Shorelander trailer that I got when we bought our (used) boat. A couple of years of use in the Bethany/OC area and... rust bucket.
Note that transaction was one phone call, the rest all by email, and delivery was pretty much "here's your trailer, have a nice day" and setup was accomplished by yours truly with the assistance of patient folks on the forum... But it was $1,000 less than what I was quoted from a couple of other trailer dealers so for 25% less, happy to do more setup!
One thing though: as you can see from this thread, trailer was originally purchased by @Scuba_ref and I basically took over the deal. EMI refunded him the (full) price that he had paid, eventually, less $500 for 'remarketing' when in fact @Scuba_ref ref did all the work for him... If you do go with this guy, you might want to consider seeing what you can do for another member and his refund.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
[edited link]

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@msavold thanks for thinking of me. I'm pretty sure that I will never see that $500 again.

@taskforcefreddy very careful dealing with that guy. I'm not the only person he has screwed over. If you do a search on him you will see a pattern. Unfortunately I didn't and it cost me. He is very much a snake in the grass!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@taskforcefreddy very careful dealing with that guy. I'm not the only person he has screwed over. If you do a search on him you will see a pattern. Unfortunately I didn't and it cost me. He is very much a snake in the grass!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I plan on going in a different direction.