• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Breaker question???

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The breaker for the blower switch popped and will not reset. I jumped the breaker using a 10amp blade fuse. The switch and blower operated fine for several minutes and did not blow the fuse. Based off this test I’m thinking the breaker just went bad????? Has anyone else experienced a bad breaker? Or could I have a problem on the blower fan circuit?

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You'll have to grab a capable multimeter and test the blower amp draw. i.e, see if it's anywhere close to 10amp.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, I have experienced this, on the bilge pump no less!!! Breaker tripped and would not reset. new breaker fixed issue. They do go bad. If the switch was not blown It's almost certain your current draw is fine. 10Amps is a high bar for some handheld voltmeters (My el cheapo voltmeter has a separate unfused lead for testing over 2amp draw, so verify your multimeter will survive the test. If it was me, I would feel confortable as you have confirmed with the fuse that all is well.