• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Breakin mode stuck

Dajson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
although I now h have 38hrs on boat it appears brak in mode still on. Can't get over 7000rpm or 25mph which is the same during the initial break in time. Any ideas thanks

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is your boat really a 2015 year model? Do you have twin engines? Have you checked the jets for blockage? Is the grate underneath clear and free of debris? Might be worthwhile to pull the impeller(s) off and look for damage. Once off you can check the wear ring for damage also. Let me know what you find out.

:Welcome: to the forum!!! Post pics of your boat. We all love pics.

Dajson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Thats why I bought it. The engine is practically new. Its a single engine. Everything you suggested was done and even checked for bucket blockage.. The engine runs great except I can't get over 7000rpm or 25mph.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sounds like the reverse bucket is not pulling up out of the way enough. This will limit RPM because it creates more back-pressure on the jet. It will slow you down because part of the jet is pushing the wrong direction. Put your boat on the trailer and move the throttle all the way forward. The bucket should lift completely above the jet nozzle and click into the locked into position. In the 2015 it is a cable that runs to the throttle lever that pulls on the reverse bucket. It is relatively easy to adjust, and there are some threads in this forum explaining it.