• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broke my Wake Wedge today

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Both straps on my wake wedge broke off today while surfing......
On a side note we did get ropeless today for the first time...
And a big thanks to Jerry @jcyamaharider, I ordered the 24ft bag from him on Monday and he got it to me last night (Wednesday) before we left today for a 10 day vacation so we could use it today. Ups/fedex were almost $200 for shipping but he took it to usps for less than 1/4 of the shipping price.

Attachments

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Omg when guys hang out you go all out ! Is there an address to send new latches ?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
New latches on the way! I dont know what is up this year. For the past 4 years these things have been great. This year they seem to have changed the compound or are having production issues. I have contacted the supplier to figure this out. I cant keep having customers break brand new latches.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dam your wave looks awesome !!!!

BossMan27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just got the same set up and I’m trying to find the best settings and speed to go ropeless.

242x
Center ballast 100%
Port ballast 100%
Port fat sac on swim deck

Just a driver in the boat. I’m 195lbs being towed.

I’m wondering what speed to be pulled at for the best wake. I’ve also been playing with the wedge angle as well.

Didn’t have a lot of time yesterday and it was the first time out but couldn’t quite get ropeless.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
10.7 mph

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got the same set up and I’m trying to find the best settings and speed to go ropeless.

242x
Center ballast 100%
Port ballast 100%
Port fat sac on swim deck

Just a driver in the boat. I’m 195lbs being towed.

I’m wondering what speed to be pulled at for the best wake. I’ve also been playing with the wedge angle as well.

Didn’t have a lot of time yesterday and it was the first time out but couldn’t quite get ropeless.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
I'm still dialing it in. About 75% center, 50-75% port and about 25-50% starboard. The wake wedge ended up a lot higher than i thought. The speed differs on the river, slower up stream 9.7 to 10.5ish and in the mid to high 11's going down stream

brokitansky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 242x and bought the fatsac transom bag and wake wedge from @jcyamaharider . I fill all ballast at 100%, set the speed at 10.5. This gives me a perfect wave. I’m pretty sure anyone out there could go ropeless on the wave I’m getting. Great setup, have to say thanks to gantlin products for the wake wedge and custom bag they make a huge difference.