• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken bow stop on the trailer

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20220526_174753.jpg

About 10 years ago i added a support bar to the bow stop post,

It finally broke, should i just weld it back up or is there something better to be done?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would weld it back together. Problem i see is having to make up the gap after getting back to some clean base metal. If you have the ability to get a piece of square 1/4" plate you could use that to take up the gap. Can you easily force it down into position.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Clean it up and weld it. You could strap the front but there isn't a lot to weld too. Maybe use angle on the sides and cut a gap for the nuts

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agree with the others, grind off what you can of the old weld, and weld it back up, but with higher amperage. The weld itself is what broke, so try to get a little more heat and penetration into it. And remember, you’re welding thinner metal to thicker metal, so make sure you get good penetration to the thicker metal. It takes a bit to get that thick metal to melt. If you’re dealing with a small welder that has difficulty making a nice large bead, you might try multiple passes. Preheating the metal a little bit will help a small welder also.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20220531_173005.jpg20220528_100529.jpg

My neighbor volunteered to weld it for me last week,