• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken Intake Grate - '17 AR190 w/less than 10hrs

Darin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Looks good to me.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Spent a couple hours on the lake today. Weld held just fine.

Hope nobody else got stuck in that storm in Patoka in southern Indiana. I've seriously never been that wet and not been IN the lake.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Check some paint on that and no one would even know. Glad you have a welding friend

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check some paint on that and no one would even know. Glad you have a welding friend
Already did. Aside from the bent portion it looks pretty decent really.

I'll still swap it out for the new one whenever it comes in though. At $75ish from yamahaplaza I can't imagine any welding shop being less expensive. It if wasn't memorial day weekend I would've waited for the new one. This repair only cost me a dinner at BW3's for us and the boys......still $40 though!

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
And now you have a extra for the next episode :stop:

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And now you have a extra for the next episode :stop:
I'm going to hope there isn't a "next episode", but you are exactly correct. This one will be stuffed in the attic in case it's needed again.

Ran the boat through some pretty rough water (for an inland lake) yesterday with no problems. Welds are holding up just fine!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here's an update for those keeping score at home.

The bad:
Yamaha did NOT warranty the intake grate (they call it a screen btw). I didn't press too hard about it as its really hard to say who/why it broke.

The good:
Was given the grate for cost ($70ish) and it was installed for free during my break in service. I think this is the dealer stepping up to help as best they can given the situation. They gave me the old one back as a "spare" although we all agreed that we hope I don't need it.

Overall it would've been nice to get it covered under warranty, but I'm not upset over a $70 part. It's fixed now, and they went as far as they could. I'll report back if the performance changes any with the straight intake over the bent and welded one I've been running.