• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

'Broken' Speedometer

watsino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2014 SX190 sporadically shows speed. I have looked at the paddle wheel and it is all good. I even flipped through the electronic read outs and the digital reading continues to come in. I have deduced that the problem is in the digital to analog translation at the speedometer itself. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this likely a YES warranty covered issue? Is it even worth doing? My closest yamaha dealer is ~2 hours away and i have a GPS that gives me speed. I hate having broken things, but can't justify the 4 hour round trip likely twice to deal with something that i don't really 'need'....

Thanks for you thoughts.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
go with the warranty. They may send you the part and have you send in the old one.