• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Budget subwoofer??

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't speak budget well, so this is surprisingly tough for me. Did full blown wetsounds system last year, JL the previous year. Trying to be smarter this year. No new skis. Cheap boat. Budget stereo. Got those silly cheap Kenwood amps. 2 pairs of db651's, now I just need a decent 10" sub. I keep going right back to the JL, and I don't wanna do that. Is there a decent IB sub out there on a budget level? Or should I just throw all this crap away now and do it right?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I cam tell you what does not work from experience. The polk db 1040 does not work remotely well as an IB sub. The polk MM 1040 UM is not a good IB sub either but sounds awesome once you enclose it with .6 cuft of air space. That is a very small enclosure for a 10 inch sub with lots of power handling. For the money infinity basslink seems like a good option based on what others have posted.

If you need in for space reasons then from what I read there is nothing like the JL or Wetsounds.

Good luck and do let us know what you do.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I don't speak budget well, so this is surprisingly tough for me. Did full blown wetsounds system last year, JL the previous year. Trying to be smarter this year. No new skis. Cheap boat. Budget stereo. Got those silly cheap Kenwood amps. 2 pairs of db651's, now I just need a decent 10" sub. I keep going right back to the JL, and I don't wanna do that. Is there a decent IB sub out there on a budget level? Or should I just throw all this crap away now and do it right?
If you want decent bass SQ, then go with a good marine IB subwoofer that is direct-radiating (not concealed in a compartment), passive, not active. JL Audio has a less expensive MX 10" IB (versus the M series). For something less expensive, check in with Odin at Earmark Marine. Maybe he can wrangle you up a new but discontinued or glass case exhibited Clarion, Sony, Alpine, or Kenwood IB subwoofer. All passive non-amplified. All true IB. All true marine subs. Send him my comments along with your wish list. Odin always comes through when he knows what you want.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I added a powered Bazooka to my cheapo build..

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length