• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Building new boathouse - what size lift?

Lpennington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
**Update**
1 year later and we are finally a month into building this boathouse. Coronavirus threw in some delays b/c some subs couldn’t find workers with the increased unemployment benefits.

I attached a couple pics of the boathouse in its current framing stage as well the view from it. Thanks for the suggestions. We opted to open up the ceiling inside as some suggested so the boat will be able to be raised with the tower up. The boat slip will be a sliver under 10’ wide and long enough should I ever be allowed to upgrade.

If anyone has suggestions for the storage room or anything throw them out, I have used a couple so far as you can tell.

Attachments

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
We recently purchased an undeveloped waterfront lot at an area lake and we're going to build the boathouse first. The quote is for a 4,000 lb lift. I asked what is the difference in $$$ for a 6,000 lb lift and was told about $750-1,000 depending on configuration. Dry weight on an '18 AR195 is 2300 lbs. With fuel and people I'm thinking the 4,000 lb lift should be fine but in the back of my mind I think I'm forgetting a factor (no future new boat in sight :().

Would appreciate everyone's thoughts - on the lift or boathouse in general!
@Lpennington .....have owned 5 boat lifts in the past. ALWAYS go at LEAST one classification bigger than you THINK you will need. Definitely get the 6K lift. If it can be ordered with a remote that you can use from the boat that's even better. :cool: