• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

General sales prices for basically new boat.

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Help, questions, comments on price. I do NOT have this boat up yet, but most likely it will be in the next month.

2019 212 Limited S with ALL the belles and whistles and additions.

We purchased a 2019 212 Limited S July 18th 2020, yes just 8 short months ago. I have it in heated barn storage right now so don't have a ton of pictures and can't look at the exact hours but its somewhere between 15-20, just broken in.

I purchased it with Tax, title, set up etc for $65,000 Including the 5 year Extended Platinum YES warranty that is transferable to any owner.

Because no boat is perfect at Purchase I than added.
1. Radial Tires that have been used for one 3 hour trip at $500
2. 2 Wet Sound Marine Amps, one to power the 6 internal speakers and one to power the NEW 8 inch Towers I installed $1,400
3. 2 SKAR marine tower speakers 200 watts...these are AMAZING $800
4. Perfect Pass $1,200
5. Wake Wedge $800
6. about 3000 lbs of fat sacs including the Custom Fat sac for Back Transom at 850 lbs. $750
7. Fat Sac pump $150
8. Additional Sea Deck for walk in and front of $350.
9. The awesome Yamaha Mooring/Trailer cover (best cover I've ever owned) at $850.

So my additions are $6,800 before I even had the first 5 hours on the boat.

So I have invested $71,800 on a boat with less then 20 hours and a 5 year transferable warranty and completely set up for loud tunes and GREAT surfing.

I am going to put this boat up for sale in the next few weeks....If I can get my storage guy to pull it out of the heated barn.

The reason for selling is complicated but the short answer is we have ONE life to live. I have a wife with Stage 4 cancer that LOVES to boat and surf. This boat is the most comfortable quiet, responsive Yamaha we've ever owned. But we have 3 adult kids that like to come out and surf with us. It takes 20 to 25 minutes to set up everything for surfing and another 20 minutes to break everything down. That's one hour we lose every time we surf. Our kids love to come out but there time is limited and I end up doing most of the set up myself now as my wife can surf but can't help with set up. I want her to enjoy every minute she has left having fun and not setting up. So for an additional $60-$70,000 I can push a few buttons and we can all surf without an hour set up and break down. So I just spent 6 figures today on a Tige Surf boat to give my wife and kids what they want quicker..and in turn spend more time surfing.

This is the greatest yamaha I have ever owned for smooth water and large lake chop....but we surf more than we do anything so although I love the 212..I'm going to invest in a full blown surf boat. If you want a boat that does EVERYTHING well..including surfing and set up for it already...this may be the boat for you.

But my question here is simple. What should I list this boat for? I've got $71,800 into it, has the 5 year warranty is basically brand new with every addition done. I know the boat market is SUPER hot right now as the 2 Yamaha Dealers in Wisconsin both told me they probably wont get any more inventory this year....

So what should I price this at?

I have a few pictures, but not many until I get it out of storage. I want real life examples of sales...please don't low ball me as I paid cash for the Yamaha and am paying cash for the new 6 figure boat today...so I don't need to sell..but I want to maximize what its worth.

Thanks in advance!

It's A Good Life
Marc Messinger

Attachments

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Another one lost too the dark side. Sorry to hear about your wife. Can’t wait to meet up this summer and check out your new boat!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really wish I could give you two smileys. Learned the same lesson in about the same fashion a few years back.

Is Winnebagoland the other place that you spoke with (or did you speak with them?). I believe they'd do a consignment sale (and would likely sell it VERY quickly). If it's something you would consider, I am headed up north this weekend, I can talk with my neighbor who's friends with Troy.

From what I've seen from your posts around here, you're smart enough to know it's only gonna be worth what someone is willing to pay, but you have a legit reason for selling off that matches up with all the pluses for someone buying your boat. I don't think a straight $70k is out of the question, given the market. Full asking price with the hours you have doesn't seem unreasonable, with a slight subtraction for it being "used". I believe in your case, thankfully, it really does seem to be a hot seller's market coming up, even though we're currently sitting at 2 degrees outside.

My thoughts. It's out of my price range, but for someone looking around here and being unable to find a boat, this might be a great price. The neighbor who knows Troy was gonna buy a pontoon from them last year. Looked at it Thursday, was on his way to buy it Friday and it was sold a half hour before he got there. That cost my neighbor $30k because NOTHING was available nearby, a different dealer found him something from a few states away that they were able to get shipped for him. I really think this is a good time for you to be selling, and I hope it all works out for you.

Prayers for your wife and you.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I admire the dedication To making your wife happy.

in this market, I’d ask for $72,000 and be willing to lose up to/down to 5% to 10% (depending on the value I place in my use of the boat).

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am with @Ronnie on this. Put it up be prepared to take in the low 60's. No harm in doing that to maximize what you can get out of it. The market and offers will dictate what you can actually get for it. I would assume the closer we get to spring and boating season the better the demand will be.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We purchased a 2019 212 Limited S July 18th 2020, yes just 8 short months ago.
I have a wife with Stage 4 cancer that LOVES to boat and surf
Sorry to hear about your wife...we've lost several in our families in the last few years too...it sucks. We bought our new boat last June during C0vid with the knowledge that we only live once as well...might as well get out there and enjoy it.
🚤🚤

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just my opinion since I just bought a brand new 2021 212SE. I would pay around 50-55 for yours. Anything more and I would just fork out the rest for a new boat which is what I did :)

I’m sure it will sell quick. Best wishes.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Very sorry to hear about you wife's diagnosis.

As mentioned, prices vary wildly by market.

Replacing tires really doesn't add any value. For other items, it really depends on if the buyer would have bought that exact accessory. A dealer wouldn't value any of them when coming up with a trade in value. Usually, used prices do not consider any taxes or fees paid by the original buyer. As a buyer I would probably look at original msrp, and expect to pay between Nada dealer retail and dealer trade-in value.

If msrp was 55000, a buyer wouldn't consider a listing for a 2 year old boat at 65000 as serious, knowing that 19s were selling about 5K below msrp in early 2020. Accessories would be worth 30 to 50 cents on the dollar, to someone who wants them.

What i would do is list the boat on it's own, and say that the PP, ballast, pump and wedge are optional extras. If the buyer doesn’t want them, just remove them and list them here for sale. That way, your listing price will be competitive and attractive.

All that being said, look at your current used market. What are comparables listing for? In some locations, supply is very limited and you might get lucky. Don't look at it like an investment. Boats are rapidly depreciating assets and selling them can take time, effort and hassle. How do you want to spend your time this spring? If you are not making payments, don't list it too soon. Wait for the boating season to start before listing it in your local craigslist / Facebook marketplace. Be ready and willing to do an in water demo.

Best thing you can do is have it washed and waxed and looking immaculate. Good luck.

Last edited:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
A new 2021 212S is $57K. If (and that's a big if) one can be found these days it'll likely sell for full MSRP and have $2-3K in freight/prep tacked on to that so you're looking at $59-$60K plus TTL for a brand new one. My personal opinion is you're looking at marketing yours as a nearly new boat with several upgrades already included as an alternative to a brand new one with no upgrades. I think you're looking at high $50s for a sale price, maybe low $60s if someone really likes your specific upgrades or is unable to find a brand new boat. But the market is crazy so who knows! I do agree with marcham's comment above that the accessories are only worth a fraction of their new cost, unfortunately. Taking them off to sell separately isn't a bad idea if you're trying to maximize total profit, but it'll take additional time and effort to do it that way.

Best of luck with whatever you decide; I hope you, your wife, and your kids enjoy the hell out of that Tige Surf and get to make some great family memories!

DaytonFlyer1068

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I bought your exact boat (same year and color) four months ago for 49k. It had 11 hours on the engines and about $1,100 dollars worth of SeaDek and JBP vectors. The market is starting to heat up down here in Atlanta since spring is right around the corner. You will probably be able to get a few thousand more than that if you wait till summer and everything is gone. Just for reference, a guy is selling a 2020 212S with less than 20 hours on Facebook Marketplace for 55k right now. It's been up for a couple weeks so I don't think he has found a buyer yet at that price.

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cancer sucks, period. I have stories but this is your thread.

Just think of it as buying a lift or rims/tires for your truck. If you turn around and take it back to the dealer, you're not getting any extra. Now if you sell it private, someone might be willing to pay a little more. As someone mentioned, if you have time, maybe sell the extras on the side, you would probably end up ahead in doing so.

To compare, I have my 2018 212X up for sale, and have had for quite some time. Less than 20 hours on it. No where near the additions you have, and I'm asking $53K. I call that my winter price. I don't have to get rid of it, sounds like you don't either. Come spring, the price goes back to $55K+.

I would slap a $62K ask, and let the offers flow. As spring nears, buyers will show up, I guarantee it. I'm thinking inventory will be an issues again this year.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just my opinion since I just bought a brand new 2021 212SE. I would pay around 50-55 for yours. Anything more and I would just fork out the rest for a new boat which is what I did :)

I’m sure it will sell quick. Best wishes.
Normally this is the route I would take but the problem I see with it, at least here in NCal, is that there won’t be many if any new boats to choose from. My local dealer is the only one around for 100 miles and they just told me that they are only expecting two 19’ yamaha jet boats to come in for the rest of the year, all other boats they are getting are already sold/spoken for. On a semi related note, yamaha just informed my local dealer that they will only be getting half of the 250 waverunners they requested this year. I’m seeing ads for 2010 through 2012 242 LS asking for the MSRP from those years and my dealer was very interested to know if i wanted to trade my boat in for top “trade in dollars”.

Jubei99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I'm also sorry to hear about you wife's condition. I think your better off removing most of the addons and selling them separate. As to listing your boat with all those extra's and not get your asking price. Then removing them and reposting witch might turn off more buyers knowing it had all those extra added before. JMO...

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all the input. I'm now full steam ahead with the purchase of a 2020 Tige ZX1. And it funny but all 5 in our Family said, "Dad we LOVED both our Jet boats...but we knew this past summer we wanted to surf more than anything and we just kept quiet since we know you love your jet boats." Wish they would have said something sooner before I bought. I just kept trying to make a square peg fit in a round hole when what we do now is 80 percent surfing 20 percent cruising/sandbarring on our little lake.

Thanks for all the well wishes for my wife..we are taking it in stride, 10 days after we bought the 212 limited S we got the terrible news it was stage 4 terminal cancer and she had ZERO symptoms...why otherwise would we have bought a new boat? We were told by one doctor she'd be lucky to make it to Xmas, than we got a 2nd opinion at the Cancer Center of Zion Illinois and they gave HOPE ....at least for a few years. So we are aggressively tackling cancer every 10 days with a Very strong Chemo. Than she get's one "good week". We are adding radiation in the mix in April. And hoping she can watch her oldest get married (but not yet!), our middle kid serve his country and maybe get his flying wings, and our daughter get off to her fist days of college. In between Chemo treatments I give her a map of the United States and say "where do you want to go for your "good days". So far we've done Arizona to visit Family, 10 Days in Disney and Universal in January with the kids, February is snowmobiling up North Wisconsin, March is 10 glorious days just her and I in St Thomas and St John. April we take delivery of the boat and Hopefully May she is seeing freezing kids and a dad in a wet suit surfing. I was fortunate enough the moment we found out she had cancer I told her to Retire at age 50. I'm very lucky to be a Financial Advisor and Limited Partner for Edward Jones and both my employer and my clients have been unbelievably grateful to let me work between all of her appointments and I just work remotely while we are traveling. I have always tried to be a glass half full type of person...even during Covid, Cancer and a world turned upside down. We can't control any of the results in our world or with our health...BUT we CAN control our own activities. So we choose to live a healthy lifestyle, family, very few select friends, healthy food, positivity, LITTLE tv, Many outdoor activities in cold and warmth and PRAY that the one "Cycle we get on Planet earth" is lived to the best of our abilities. I know, I know ..... I got off track...but man...being head of this crazy great household...I just needed to vent a little to fellow Yammie's that understand the allure of water and time with Family making memories!

So the good news I buy my in stock..last of its kind to be found in America NEW Tige zx1 February 18th. The bad news, my 212 is locked up in the back of a barn hidden and protected and Farmer Joe tells me its so cold here in Wisconsin even the doors to his new metal pole barn are frozen shut and he has to get all the fishing boats and rv's out from in front of my boat before I can get it. So I probably won't see it till Early April....which happens to be batshit crazy boat buying month's here in Wisconsin.

So I'm going to list it for $65 or $67,900 and see what the wind blows. My wife seems to think with NO new Yamaha's to be found anywhere and especially by April all boats spoken for we will do OK. My gut tells me we will sell Asking price to $62K....but we will ALL know by April. I'll place the link to the ad here and the finally sales price once it can be digged out of its Meat Locker.

You guys and gals are all great on this Forum. Yamaha does EVERYTHING above good... But what my family now needs is a dedicated surf boat that is GREAT at two things only, slow speed water sports of surfing, tubing and wake boarding and sitting on the sandbar for my wife to smile, enjoy the life she has been given while she still can, and make memories for HER lifetime...and mine.

Even through ALL this....... It's A Good Life. Marc Messinger

Attachments

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't imagine what you are going through, but I want to sincerely thank you for writing about your wife. I can't speak for anyone else, but that one paragraph just put a hell of a lot in perspective on a day when I really needed it. I pray that the treatments provide your wife many more good weeks than bad. God bless - Doug

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hang in there brother! I recently had a friend get diagnosed with the most aggressive breast cancer one can get. Very rare and less than 5% get it and they didn't catch it for months as well. She did all the treatments which they refer to them as the "Red Dragon" since they are red and terrible. She finished all of them and at her last follow up is now cancer free! They have come a long way. Good luck and total respect for making every minute count!

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hang in there brother! I recently had a friend get diagnosed with the most aggressive breast cancer one can get. Very rare and less than 5% get it and they didn't catch it for months as well. She did all the treatments which they refer to them as the "Red Dragon" since they are red and terrible. She finished all of them and at her last follow up is now cancer free! They have come a long way. Good luck and total respect for making every minute count!
Great to hear....I don't know about other men...but I believe "Saving The Ta Ta's" is an important cause.....

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Granted!

@Milwmarc , thoughts and prayers for you and the wife. Hang in there. Your brothers and sisters here are with you both (in spirit).

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your wife. That boat rocks. I would love having a boat like that.