• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bunces Pass

Chase Worthington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to know. Thank you. Also, planning on doing Bimini next year. Have you been?

Chase Worthington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Might be a little too expensive for us this year after just buying the boat. What's the average cost for 2 people?

Chase Worthington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Isn't there 2 trips this year or am I making that up? What dates are you going?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The big one in July.
There are a couple others that are putting an earlier trip together.

Chase Worthington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will look at the Bimini page tonight. Don't count us out yet!

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
It's been 10 years since I was out there, but the protected shallows behind Passage Key used to be a hangout for nudists, so I would stop there for a lunch break and enjoy the sights. Once, after leaving we sighted a large naked guy floating out to sea with the tide, which had swept him off of the bar when he was trying to get back to his anchored boat. We drove over to him and offered a ride back to his boat, which he declined, and instead we threw him a line and slowly towed him back to safety, keeping an eye out for sharks. Later, we realized that we might have saved his life. Since he might have been a total loss but for our efforts, my favorite line that day was "would that be considered a "salvage" or a "tow"?

The waters around the North end of Anna Maria island(Bean Point) are often crystal clear and are reminiscent of the waters in the Keys. The sandbars at that location have come and gone over the years, but it's an unbelievably beautiful spot at times, and the adjacent Passage Key Inlet channel does hold some fish.

I see on the Google Earth imagery that there is a "new" sandbar formed on the South side of the Bunces Pass inlet. I wonder if the government has annexed it and are enforcing their "no alcohol" policy? Or, is it off-limits for boaters?

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was just at bunces pass this past weekend, its pretty close to egmont but egmont was a little to choppy so we stayed at bounces pass.
I drank out there but always drink with the out of sight out of mind policy

Memorial day weekend

Photo May 31, 11 07 04 AM.jpg

Attachments