• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bunk Settings on Lift

Sea Wench

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi everyone, I am new to this Forum. I just bought a 2014 Scarab HO Impulse and I am loving it. We have a boat lift and need help with the measurements for the bunks. Does anyone know what the distance should be between the Left and Right Bunk? I am using Bunk Carpeted 2x10x10 boards that the boat sits on. Thanks.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just use the measurement from the trailer. If you didn't opt for the trailer, I can get a measurement here in a couple hours.

Sea Wench

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just use the measurement from the trailer. If you didn't opt for the trailer, I can get a measurement here in a couple hours.
Thanks ScarabMike, but you guessed it, I didn't get the trailer. So if you could post the measurements,t hat would be great. Thanks again.

Sea Wench

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Sea Wench The distance is approx: 19 1/2" on center. It also looks like a 20-25 degree pitch.
Do you mean it's 19.5" from center to center of each plank? WOW....I have it set for 30"....no wonder I am having problems getting it on the lift. Is it possible for you to add a photo?

Sea Wench

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No, Im sorry from inter edge of the bunks.
Ok, so just to be sure I understand you. The measurement is 19.5" from inner edge to inner edge of each plank. Right now I have it set for 30" and the boat was slipping on the boat lift. That would make sense, because I have them too far apart allowing the boat to slip. Thank you so much for your help, I think you saved my boat from being damaged.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No problem! Welcome to the community!

Ok, so just to be sure I understand you. The measurement is 19.5" from inner edge to inner edge of each plank. Right now I have it set for 30" and the boat was slipping on the boat lift. That would make sense, because I have them too far apart allowing the boat to slip. Thank you so much for your help, I think you saved my boat from being damaged.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This is what I bought for my boat... So far no issues and I like the tandem axle..

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They are located in Ocala, FL they build to order and ship it to your driveway. All said and done $3100. Hydraulic brake on front tandem. The more options the more it costs. The salesman who you talk to has a silver tongue, don't let him suck you in... Delivered when promised... http://nextrailtrailers.com/boat-trailers/

Here is some information I provided to another member: The 1-800 number you call you get a guy by the name of Lance. He says that he needs your year, make and model of your boat, but the trailer needed to be adjusted to fit the boat. The guy who delivered it helped with this process, but I had to make more adjustments for the winch height. You will find this out when you recover the boat with the new trailer. Bring a 3/4 inch ratchet and wrench with you to accomplish this. I am pretty impressed with the construction of the trailer. You will also need to install the rear guides (need a 9/16 inch deep well socket) and adjust them to beam width of the boat. I used a impact driver to tighten. It tows nice and the ride is a lot better with the tandem axles. I had disc brakes (hydraulic style) installed on the front axle and it does more than enough to help with braking. I wasn't impressed with the salesman telling me that it would be tailored to my boat, but I am highly impressed with the product. $160 to deliver it to Panama City, they dropped it right in my driveway. No rear tie down straps, I am going to add them later.

I hope this helps you out....

Last edited: