• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buoy markers

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can someone help me out I'm trying to attach a buoy marker to my anchors any ideas on how to do this?

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do mine like this using a Daniel hook.
Nice but what or how do you do when you leave on your boat and want to leave the buoys there so know one takes yours spot?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Loved this, but mostly because I understood it. Translation (if you are not a big mariner): pull the loose end of the line through and tie a knot (preferably a bowline--if you don't know this one, learn it--very helpful).

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Loved this, but mostly because I understood it. Translation (if you are not a big mariner): pull the loose end of the line through and tie a knot (preferably a bowline--if you don't know this one, learn it--very helpful).
Confused... but I guess I will look it up.

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found it but how does this tie too the buoy?

Attachments

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm new and confused if you can tell... sorry guys pics?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, but so beats learning to tie all the fancy knots that would replace it...

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not when you’re not good at tying knots, so why not :p I just like it cause it’s so simple even the wife can do it :D I figure after spending 70k+ on a boat what’s another $46.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not when you’re not good at tying knots, so why not :p I just like it cause it’s so simple even the wife can do it :D I figure after spending 70k+ on a boat what’s another $46.
But knowing how to tie a bowline is an extremely value skill. I used to teach kindergartner sailers in five minutes. The rabbit goes up the hole, around the tree, and back down the hole. Or spend 50 bucks every time you need to tie a knot.

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
But knowing how to tie a bowline is an extremely value skill. I used to teach kindergartner sailers in five minutes. The rabbit goes up the hole, around the tree, and back down the hole. Or spend 50 bucks every time you need to tie a knot.
It was a joke. My son and I know how to tie knots.....wife and daughter are not willing to learn. The Danik hook is more than just a knot. We boat and anchor a lot in deep water and the Danik Hook makes setting up much easier and quick.