• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Busy holiday weekend at the Miami ramp

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd quit boating if I had to put up with that mess every weekend.
It'll get that way around here on a semi-regular basis.

The only saving grace is that most of the time the docks and the ramps are separate. So you can drop off a trailer guy and get out of hte way, then float "in line" out behind the ramp, once trailers in, you come in as it's safe to do so. I've never launched/retrieved on one of these "ramp and dock combined" situations. Looks problematic to make things happen.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have had similar experiences on on lake ramps. Especially in the evening after many people had a little too much to drink!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My average wait time in or out of the water is 30 seconds

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thats why I avoid weekend launch's at Pelican or Haulover. If I go, I go early enough and back before the madness starts
I rather trailer boat 2 hours West and avoid the yahoo's if I want to go out on weekend.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My first year as a boat owner back in 97 I did the trailer thing....but NEVER had these kinda problems. So glad I dont have to worry about any of that now!

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I'd quit boating if I had to put up with that mess every weekend.
You'd like this channel then of the Chit Show at the Miami ramps (ps a croc lives in the water there and is in frequent videos). My ramp up by my house in Fort Lauderdale is nice and quiet nothing like this Miami nonsense, but it is good entertainment! ;)

242 owner that knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As I look out my home office window and see the snow falling on the boat cover, I watched the video's and they really made me laugh. Can't wait for the spring.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
chit show and miami boat ramps are my happy place. I believe broncos guru who does the voice for MBR lurks in these forums

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some of them I feel sorry for others are just not cutting it. HA

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
chit show and miami boat ramps are my happy place. I believe broncos guru who does the voice for MBR lurks in these forums
He is a pretty prominent member. Great guy. Great info, great experience with our yamahas.