• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Busy weekend getting boat ready

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I put a set of the cobra fins on Sat after work then Sunday took the pads off the swim platform and cleaned all that up. Then took the carpet out and threw it away and took all the snaps out and filled the holes and washed the boat.inside and out to get it ready for sFB_IMG_1537153737938.jpg FB_IMG_1537153733126.jpg eadek install when I order it and get it.

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice! What did you fill the carpet snap holes with? Also how did you clean up the residue from the swim platform pads? I'm getting ready to install Seadek as well on my Challenger 210.

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I filled the holes with petit ez tex marine compound 7100 then I bought some gel coat paste in seadoo white for some spots. To get the glue off I got a couple rags and low oder mineral spirits and soaked the rags and let them sit for a few minutes. Then get a plastic scraper or plastic putty knife and scrap it off. It comes off rather easy if you let it sit. Then go over it real good with the mineral spirits and rags to get what's left. Then I used acetone to do a final clean and get any residue off. Now we're the carpet was I seen a few YouTube videos were they use the MR. Clean eraser and those areas clean rite up but I haven't got that far yet.

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I'm going to give this a try next week when the SeaDek kit comes. I believe the SeaDek will cover all the snap holes in the Challenger 210. Would love to see yours once finished.

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I just my seadek today and it looks great from what I can see without opening of all up. I bought some Mr clean erasers to do the floor in the cockpit and how to start this this weekend. I think I may take it to work and park it in the shop and work on it. Should look great when done