• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buy Your Second Boat First They Said...

chris1374

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hello, Y'all! Love these Yamaha boats! We just picked up a 2016 AR192 a couple of months ago and we are already doing the research for next year's purchase of a 2016 AR240! hahaha We love our boat but we really want/need the bigger size and horsepower! So I was just curious as to what your out the door price for this beauty was?? Thanks for any info anybody can provide!

Chris

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Words you very rarely hear "I wish I had bought a smaller boat...."

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello, Y'all! Love these Yamaha boats! We just picked up a 2016 AR192 a couple of months ago and we are already doing the research for next year's purchase of a 2016 AR240! hahaha We love our boat but we really want/need the bigger size and horsepower! So I was just curious as to what your out the door price for this beauty was?? Thanks for any info anybody can provide!

Chris
We did the exact same thing. Bought a SX192 last year and just traded it in on a 242 Limited S this year. Major differences in space and comfort and it was a great decision. We were fortunate to get a good price on our trade in so it made the decision to move up that much easier. If we were gonna get hosed on the trade in we would have probably waited.

chris1374

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We did the exact same thing. Bought a SX192 last year and just traded it in on a 242 Limited S this year. Major differences in space and comfort and it was a great decision. We were fortunate to get a good price on our trade in so it made the decision to move up that much easier. If we were gonna get hosed on the trade in we would have probably waited.
Thanks so much for the update! Any details on what year boat you traded and what they gave you for it? And what kind of OTD deal did you get on your awesome new 24 footer? Thanks again!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I wish i kept my exciter.
But i still would have bought my 21 footer.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just flew with a guy that bought a 192...and traded it in, in less than a year, on a '14 AR240. Matter of fact, he should be joining our ranks today!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I LOVE my 24 footer

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This time of year you can probably start seeing some deals where you can get an AR 240 for around 51k out the door by the time September or October rolls around you can probably pick one up for under 50 K out the door

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you search my posts you will find what I did on my 2015 AR. Too much to list. Basically paid MSRP but get a LOT thrown in for free. Wait for boat shows and you usually get 5 year YES and galvanized trailer for free at minimum.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I bought our 242x early in the year so I had no choice but to pay full price plus some BS dealer mark ups. But I did manage to negotiate in a sizeable store credit, which we used to buy the anchor, life jackets, tubes, dock lines, fenders, tow ropes, and so on... A store credit to them is only 50 or 60 cents on the dollar since you halve to spend it there at the dealer. Kept me from feeling burned paying full MSRP +.