• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying a boat across the country

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Call Eric at bayside jet drive in ocean city Maryland and see if he can line something up for you. One of the best dealers out there.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Uship quotes are around $3,750. It’s about 2550 miles. I calculate if I do it myself I might be close to $2,750 or so in costs all things considered. So sure I save about $1,000 but also carry all the risk.
$3,750 seems a bit low as Uship charges 25% commission. Please make sure you read the reviews. Also I would strongly encourage you that you get full coverage insurance on the top before anyone tows it.

I probably would not make that trip for less than $4,000, so if the hotshot offering you $3,750 is legit, I would take it.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I call around and stock BoatTrader. Part of it is just timing and luck. Join the Facebook group too, as sometimes people post there when they see something. I too am waiting for a blue 255 - I've found a couple greens in my search, but I just don't like that color.
Have you heard of any dealers having a blue 252SE in stock recently? I’m waiting on one in NC. If they start showing up tomorrow elsewhere it’ll be a good sign.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Have you heard of any dealers having a blue 252SE in stock recently? I’m waiting on one in NC. If they start showing up tomorrow elsewhere it’ll be a good sign.
I haven’t, but I’ve not been looking for that model either. I’ve not really seen any 252s lately being poster, either, though someone in I think Canada posted to Facebook they are getting theirs next week. So perhaps there is hope.

I find Yamaha’s lack of any effort to try to align dealer wait list with their production schedule incredibly frustrating. I found three dealers that got in a green 255xd that wasn’t yet spoken for that I could have had but none of these dealers have seen a blue one or have a firm ETA, despite all having deposits from customers waiting for a blue one. I have started to see blue ones popping up though of people finally getting their boat, so it seems they are doing a run of blue now. At least that’s what I’ll tell myself. Seen lots of people getting their AR250 as well.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I haven’t, but I’ve not been looking for that model either. I’ve not really seen any 252s lately being poster, either, though someone in I think Canada posted to Facebook they are getting theirs next week. So perhaps there is hope.

I find Yamaha’s lack of any effort to try to align dealer wait list with their production schedule incredibly frustrating. I found three dealers that got in a green 255xd that wasn’t yet spoken for that I could have had but none of these dealers have seen a blue one or have a firm ETA, despite all having deposits from customers waiting for a blue one. I have started to see blue ones popping up though of people finally getting their boat, so it seems they are doing a run of blue now. At least that’s what I’ll tell myself. Seen lots of people getting their AR250 as well.
I’m frustrated by the lack of an ETA as well. I’ve accepted it but that doesn’t make it alright.

I saw a blue 255 on here recently. Beautiful boats. I debated between the 252 and 255 myself. The 252 is a better fit for our family, at least for the next few years. Hoping we all get our boats soon.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I hadn’t seen the 255XD, but my deal is done for the 252XE. I’m picking it up next week. In the long run I think it will be a better fit anyways. Thanks for the heads up though I appreciate it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No problem. Congrats on the new boat!