• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying a boat with a lien

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can assure you paying off a loan early and having a positive balance with your creditors does work. Also having good credit card habbits are a big plus. I have an 815 credit rating to prove it.
Most of this statement is true. However as I said before. On loans, the loan has to be open for a minimum of 6 Months before it can positively affect your credit ratting. As in if you take a 5year loan and pay it off in 3 months it doesn’t get reported to the credit bureaus “ Equifax / TransUnion”. Credit scores are what help people prove they are responsible and qualify for the “ Best APR” available. So in other words if you can’t pay cash then you need a decent credit score to achieve a loan with a good interest rate. But this is a mute point as I am sure the OP has no interest in paying a bank intrest on a loan he can pay off instantly. He would be doing it just to keep the boat purchase on the up and up to keep him protected.

Just my 02 cents.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In my experience paying off a loan will not raise your credit score, in fact I’ve seen mine drop slightly in some cases. I think it has to do with the bank reporting payments and the age of open accounts being effected.
Agreed, and whatever minor bump that may occur will be offset by the inquiry needed to obtain a loan.