• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying a used 212x

KDUB85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a 2009 212x. I have been looking forward to the opportunity to purchase a boat like this after having sold my 17ft I/o. I really enjoy this board and the information everyone is willing to share. Are there thing about this specific model I should know about that I may be unaware of? Thanks guys and look forward to being jetboater

jcsmith77

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on your purchase and I am not sure of the specific differences between our boats, but I sold an 18ft io and boat the AR210 and will never look back. If you haven't read it already or your boat doesn't have them, fins will make the transition from io to jet a lot less frustrating at the dock.

KDUB85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It already has the fins but may update to a different size

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You will encounter just minor things. Horn will go bad, depth finder will not work and need replacing, ballast fittings may leak. Make sure you install a battery switch because the Sirius unit will drain the battery in storage. I think you will want to read up on sound deadening. Otherwise a great, reliable boat.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, if you haven't taken possession yet make sure you get a test ride, the engines should turn 10k rpm and the boat should go about 45-50mph,

update your profile with your location so we know where you're at,

be sure to look at our FAQ tab for lots of great info,
you'll want to check
1. scupper valve
2.buy a YDS to confirm your hours and see the engines computer data
3.becareful when removing the #3 spark plug, it's been known to be seized and can snap off

KDUB85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Already took it for a test drive. Everything checked out good. Boat has been used very minimal. Boat has almost 50 hours on it. Interior is in brand new condition. I will be taking it out for the weekend and hoping for a good time.

KDUB85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The depth finder has power and the ability to set a depth alarm but does not register a depth.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The depth finder has power and the ability to set a depth alarm but does not register a depth.
Same thing happened to mine when I bought the boat. I removed it and put in a Lowrance Elite 5dsi. I did a write up either on this board or the other.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
congrats on you new to you boat, @DCB-270 can give you all the details on this boat he has that boat also

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Great boat. Check the scupper valve, if it is plastic it needs to be changed to stainless.

KDUB85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It is plastic and will be changing to stainless before next spring.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
When I changed mine I just touched it and it broke in two.

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a 2009 212x. I have been looking forward to the opportunity to purchase a boat like this after having sold my 17ft I/o. I really enjoy this board and the information everyone is willing to share. Are there thing about this specific model I should know about that I may be unaware of? Thanks guys and look forward to being jetboater
Congrats! I just bought a 2008 212X yesterday!! (It was a cold test drive)
I will be taking mine to Florida next week to try to break it in! Can't wait!

PS. It seems like everyone is an expert on customizing their boat with lights, sound, and wake shaping devices. Im not sure if I am going to be a boat DIYer or not. Maybe I will start small with some light up cup holders.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How many hours, @Tiger J ? and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How many hours, @Tiger J ? and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

150hrs, $28K

I was actually leaning more towards a 2011 AR240 with less hours that was more expensive, but this boat is really clean. This boat has all of the features, sound, ballast, etc that I was going to have to add to any other boat. (You can spend a ton of $$ customizing until you get it the way you want it.) I have a teenager and a 5 year old and we are wake surf ready... just waiting on the weather now.

Also, I was unaware that the 212X's have collapsable towers so I was able to fit this thing in my garage. I was going to have to rent a storage space to get the AR240 (homeowners association). The Newer models have towers that can collapse.

This is my 1st jet boat so this boat just made more sense.

Shout out to Tim and Alex at Phil Dill's in Lewisville, TX helping me find exactly the boat I needed. These guys get it done!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations. 150 hours is nothing. I have well over 500 on mine.
The tower does collapse but you will need a tall door to clear the 8'-1" height.
Do check your Y-fitting for obstructions. It is not hard to get to and pull out. Also the scupper is something that we here will insist that you change. You don't want a 2" hole in your boat. It is probably already cracked.
Make sure you look at the Wake Wedge. It is expensive but will help you surf.

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome video!

Yeah, I have seen others posters mention that y-fitting.

Thanks for the good info.